I was today years old when I learned Tom Morello runs his wah in his amp's FX loop

To be clear; liking Audioslave but not Rage is like not liking STP but thinking Velvet Revolver was great
:wat
Shooting Star GIF

YOU SEE, FUZZYACE; RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE WITH CHRIS CORNELL AFTER HE BLEW HIS VOICE TO H#LL REALLY MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU CAN JUST LISTEN TO SOUNDGARDEN ALBUMS THAT ARE GOOD WHEN CORNELL WAS WHERE HE NEEDED TO BE. LIKEWISE RAGE ALBUMS WITH DE LA ROCHA THAT MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE THAN LISTENING TO SOMEONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE 90S ANSWER TO PLANT IF HE WAS IN SABBATH HOWL OVER TOP OF DUMB RIFFS THAT SOUND LIKE HELICOPTERS.

I often prefer the sound of wah after the OD/Fuzz, so I could see liking it in an effects loop too. I never tried it though. Had no idea Morello did that.

D

The only band from the nineties that really turned my crank was the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

There's people who don't like STP?

View attachment 22421

I think a lot depends on how old you were in the nineties. I was in my twenties, married, and in a pretty good place in life. I just couldn’t relate to much of the rock music (including grunge and nu metal) because I already went through that phase a decade earlier. Hence being drawn to the BSO-it was music for happy people!

YOU SEE, FUZZYACE; RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE WITH CHRIS CORNELL AFTER HE BLEW HIS VOICE TO H#LL REALLY MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU CAN JUST LISTEN TO SOUNDGARDEN ALBUMS THAT ARE GOOD WHEN CORNELL WAS WHERE HE NEEDED TO BE. LIKEWISE RAGE ALBUMS WITH DE LA ROCHA THAT MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE THAN LISTENING TO SOMEONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE 90S ANSWER TO PLANT IF HE WAS IN SABBATH HOWL OVER TOP OF DUMB RIFFS THAT SOUND LIKE HELICOPTERS.
Thanks for the clarification (and the yelling).

Classic Reaction GIF

I never got into Rage. Not sure why at the time other than maybe his voice got on my nerves a bit.
Audioslave was alright because of Cornell -- the dude could have flat out sung anything and I'd given it a listen at the very least. Much prefer Soundgarden's output though.

Back