Helix Talk

I guess not all cabs have position. I haven't looked at all or even many of them yet, but the 4x12 Greenback 25 doesn't have 'Position'. Only 'Distance', and no 'Angle' either. Maybe "newer" developed cab models have these added parameters. I'll find out as I explore more.
Double check you aren't using the legacy cabs - the new cabs are the ones with the extra controls.

Example - 4x12 Greenback 25 cab... no page-over either.

View attachment 22722
Screenshot_20240510_142006_Chrome.jpg

I guess not all cabs have position. I haven't looked at all or even many of them yet, but the 4x12 Greenback 25 doesn't have 'Position'. Only 'Distance', and no 'Angle' either. Maybe "newer" developed cab models have these added parameters. I'll find out as I explore more.
That too bad angle would be sweet to get an off axis 57 on the 412 GB cabs and position is cool too

Reactions: LCW
Ah! Good to know!! I see it now... haha
I will be interested to know what you think about the models in QC like JCM 800
Fender Deluxe , Soldano etc when you have time to compare , I will say delays and Rev should be better in the helix

Reactions: LCW
I will be interested to know what you think about the models in QC like JCM 800
Fender Deluxe , Soldano etc when you have time to compare , I will say delays and Rev should be better in the helix
Not a huge effect guy. Simple room reverb and I’m good haha. But what I hear sounds good so far. Only messed with the Plexi so far, and it sounds good.

But I’ll definitely check out the 800, Soldano, etc. I didn’t notice a Mark IIC+ so that might be a big sad face for me. But I’ll find others. 5153 and Revv stuff sounded good from demos I’ve seen on YT.

What speed and auto eq setting are you liking for poly capo?

For our Dio tribute band, for the parts that are in d# I had been using simple pitch. But I got a tonex to free up some dsp so I can fit the poly capo on now and not sure so much on how to set it. To me simple pitch was certainly brighter

What speed and auto eq setting are you liking for poly capo?

For our Dio tribute band, for the parts that are in d# I had been using simple pitch. But I got a tonex to free up some dsp so I can fit the poly capo on now and not sure so much on how to set it. To me simple pitch was certainly brighter
For now just using the defaults other then the semitone shift (aka 'Interval'). Left Auto EQ at 7.0. Don't really know what it does.

But since trying and failing at going digital a year and a half ago (with an FM9), my new approach over the last couple of months of diving back into modelers, is tweak as little as possible. I just change things when I hear something isn't quite right. But I change it quick and don't keep fiddling.

IMG_2892.jpeg

PS - the "new" cabs are SUCH an improvement!! Wow!! I didn't see them at first, since I started by just copying the factory 'plexi jumped' preset and going from there. Didn't realize it used these 'legacy' cabs until you fine fellows pointed it out to my dumb ass earlier in the thread. lol

Marty_mcfly_speaker_blowup.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, the new cab sims are great. Takes no time to dial in a decent tone. So much better than scrolling through thousands of IRs IMO.
Just need a few more cabs/speakers/mics. Like a Marshall 4x12 with G12-65’s. Or even some Randy Rhoads Altec 417H’s. I’m sure the offerings will grow in future firmware.

I have good IRs for those now (Seacow) but would be easier/nicer with the new “dynacabs”. Sorry for the Fractal reference. I don’t know what Helix calls their version.

PS - the "new" cabs are SUCH an improvement!! Wow!! I didn't see them at first, since I started by just copying the factory 'plexi jumped' preset and going from there. Didn't realize it used these 'legacy' cabs until you fine fellows pointed it out to my dumb ass earlier in the thread. lol

View attachment 22740
If you perform a factory reset after updating, you’ll have new factory presets that use the new cabs instead of the legacy versions.

If you perform a factory reset after updating, you’ll have new factory presets that use the new cabs instead of the legacy versions.
Ah cool. I purposely didn't do the factory reset (the installer suggested to do so during the 3.71 update), but I held off thinking I will do the reset when 3.8 drops. Since I was updating from 3.11 to 3.71 on a brand new unit, I figured it wasn't needed. But thanks for confirming that it would have updated the factory presets.

Back