Helix 3.8 when?

Happens to me constantly. A fix would be to make the “hot spot” strictly on the “knob” of the sliders.

Or better, if you click on the slider.

I registered on TGF just to echo that. I love the sounds I can get from HX Native, but using it on a 13” Macbook with a touchpad can be a very frustrating experience if you swipe up and down. Your idea of clicking a parameter and making it active would solve a lot of my gripes. It doesn’t need to be the standard behavior. Line6 could add it as an option.
@Digital Igloo is this technically possible? It's a common UX issue, it seems.

My suggestion was more of, unless the mouse pointer isn’t hovering over the slider knob, scrolling wouldn’t affect the parameter.

Your thoughts @Digital Igloo?
The problem with that approach is that you would need to follow the slider knob as you increase/decrease its value. Not very convenient.

Clicking it and even highlighting it when clicked, would be better IMHO.

LOL, we summoned digital igloo at the same time😆

My suggestion was more of, unless the mouse pointer isn’t hovering over the slider knob, scrolling wouldn’t affect the parameter.

Your thoughts @Digital Igloo?
You would still run the risk of accidentally touching or adjusting one of the sliders during an interface scroll, even if it alleviates the issue, no?

That’s why I suggested clicking on the parameter to select it. Although this might make usability slightly slower, it would prevent undesired alterations.

I wonder what kind of solution that might be. Snapshots are already pretty powerful to me.

Having 2 sets of snapshots within a preset could be useful.

For example, when I’m on the HX Stomp I often use 3 snapshots for clean, crunch and lead settings on a single amp. Sometimes I use the 3 snapshots to adjust other effects along with the gain/volume changes. It would be pretty powerful to be able to set two footswitches to scroll up through 2 separate sets of snapshots. In my example one would be dedicated to amp adjustments and the other dedicated to effects changes

Doesn't sound bad, although usage complexity looks high. I don't think Stomp is envisioned to do that much.

There's Stomp XL with 4 snapshots and LT with 8 that might work better for you. Or even better, an in-between model with 6 snapshots.

I remember watching a video that utilized one Snapshot button in Stomp Mode.

Haven't tried it yet, but that seems really handy, especially for amp "channels".

Doesn't sound bad, although usage complexity looks high. I don't think Stomp is envisioned to do that much.

There's Stomp XL with 4 snapshots and LT with 8 that might work better for you. Or even better, an in-between model with 6 snapshots
Yeah. I’ve also got the PodGo and solve the problem by utilizing extra footswitches to make parameter changes outside snapshots.

I remember watching a video that utilized one Snapshot button in Stomp Mode.

Haven't tried it yet, but that seems really handy, especially for amp "channels".
That’s what I do. Generally works great.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Back