BOGNER UBERSCHALL EMULATIONS

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
Goddamn, I love this amp. Its a REALLY annoying thing about modelling, that I'll essentially doubt the accuracy of a model until I own the real thing. As soon as I head the real thing, I realise the models I've been sat on do a really good job at capturing the magic of all of the amps of our dreams. I don't hold the Uber in the same category of legendary as I do Rectifiers/5150/2203, simply because it isn't on as many records as those amps (largely because its Bogner and there are less out there/they're more expensive).

DId a quick blind test. One is the real amp, the other 2 are plugins. I would have included the Axe FX III but no plugin=no party. For something like this its just too tedious to dial it in close, reamp, listen back in stereo, adjust a little more, reamp again twice, listen and fine tune again, reamp. I dig the Axe FX model a lot and its very accurate, aside from the weird low resonance thing it does with some SIC's that I cant replicate with any of my cabs or load boxes.

Any guesses for the real thing?

BTW, if anyone has a TMP, I'd be up for sending the DI's and IR to join in. Would love to hear if it can get as close.

I like A the best. The texture and saturation of the distortion sounds better to me compared to B and C.

You got that backwards......it's no Axe Fx III = no party......
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, they all sound great, but there's something about A that sounds a bit better to me.

Last edited:
it's no Axe Fx III = no party....
Ha I have an Axe FX III sat right in front of me, but whenever I'm faced with reamping it just feels weird to use it over the real amps sat to the other side of me.

I love playing through it, and also the routing for FX/integrating gear. But if I have the real amps, they'll come first, and if I'm going to use digital then plugins offer a lot more benefits for how I work.

Reactions: Elf
Ha I have an Axe FX III sat right in front of me, but whenever I'm faced with reamping it just feels weird to use it over the real amps sat to the other side of me.

I love playing through it, and also the routing for FX/integrating gear. But if I have the real amps, they'll come first, and if I'm going to use digital then plugins offer a lot more benefits for how I work.
Yes, I get it......it was said in jest.........you must have missed the smiley face as well as the second sentence of my reply.......all good.

Really cool tune 🤘🏻
My fairly uneducated guesses are: A = STL, B = Helix, C = Real Amp
Do I pass the test?

Nice riffs! Each would work just fine.
I'm not familiar with the Uberschall very much but my guesses are:
A - HX Native
B - STL
C - Amp

I like A the best don’t know if it’s the real amp or not but isolated it sounded the best to my ears

B was good but the mids were slightly different

C sounded a bit more compressed. Less open and more focused

Edit : if I am guessing the real amp I will vote C

Last edited:
In the YouTube video, I think the palm mutes in C sound different than the others. It doesn’t sound as thick, my guess is that it’s the real amp (C).

If you used Helix, did you go with the Ubersonic or Elektrik?

Really cool tune 🤘🏻
My fairly uneducated guesses are: A = STL, B = Helix, C = Real Amp
Do I pass the test?
Yep, well done!

A=STL
B=Helix Ubersonic
C=Real Amp

The model in Helix is actually less than 10 serial numbers away from my amp, but the load will make a bit of a difference. STL is a rev blue. I had the gain on my amp a bit lower than the models, and as usual I'd say the biggest variable is my ability to dial them in. I think the models are excellent in their own way and offer a good experience of what the real thing is like

Back