1976 Ibanez Les Paul

Sleezy E

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
So, this popped up for sale locally and it's giving me the feels.

Anyone know anything about them? It's the "lawsuit" lp with a bolt on neck. Dude is asking 700

Screenshot_20240430_072409_OfferUp.jpg

Never played the lawsuit versions, but my '77 Artist is a LP killer. $700 sounds like a great deal, especially if there are no apparent issues.

If you like imports, sometimes you can find a Chinese bling "Hamer" like this for $500 to $600. I did. With some decent pickups it compares quite nicely to my 2 custom shop Les Pauls.

Some of the lawsuit Ibanez guitars were good, like their ES-175 knockoff.

You'd be better served with a modern day Fujigen. Check them out on Reverb.

Attachments

• 20240314_225012-1.jpg
    20240314_225012-1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
I had a buddy working for a Hamer dealer back in the late nineties and he kept bugging me to buy one cause he could get it to me at cost... I had my heart set on a Les Paul.

Young and dumb as they say....

I had a buddy working for a Hamer dealer back in the late nineties and he kept bugging me to buy one cause he could get it to me at cost... I had my heart set on a Les Paul.

Young and dumb as they say....
I've got a CS9 and R9, both in dirty lemon, and there's quite a few Hamer Studios I'd take over them.

Yup. These were good 'ol made in the U S A

I'm such a dumbass...

the LP in the OP is down to 660 btw... He wouldn't take my $600 offer
Nope, not heavy. Lighter than most Les Pauls. Where oh where do you shop for misinformation? Seriously out to lunch there. Take it from someone who actually owns Les Pauls and Hamers. I have 3 Les Pauls, 2 are custom shop, the 3d a double cutaway 24 fret.

You don’t need to go far back before the weight wasn’t considered important to manufacturers and the weights of the same model can vary enormously.

Back