What do you think about when you play your guitar?

What I think about
Why the hell did I hit that note
Damn that bend was flat
What chord am I playing over
What key is this in
Etc Etc

Oh, one thought I know pops in my head all the damn time when I’m playing-

“I wonder how this sounds on the _______” and then I end up with 5 guitars on the couch in some tone test that I’m never going to do anything with.

For the drum which spawns from my other testicle
(Take ur pick👍)

This pic of my son on my floor Tom fires
the glow plugs.
I get real emotional when the drum sticks are in my hands.
The first song I learned on drums all the way through with all the embellishments was
“It Ain’t Like That “, AIC
IF ANY of you reading this are in the Tampa Bsy area, PM me and we’ll jam out man.
I won’t leave the throne and you’s can rock the Lenz’s through a 4X12.
That alone is worth getting in the mix with me.
Let’s fire in the hole it & make some damn music,
ya hear?
Word up on the level🤘🏻

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    814 KB · Views: 7

HOLD UP SLOWHAND!!
Looks like you could pull a Pete’y Townsend and smash your guitar mate.

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
Not much i try to concentrate on playing

Yeah! I don't remember thinking about much at all other than losing myself in the notes. I'm pretty chordal so I get a lot of emotive feelings out of it.

As someone that often suffers from anxiety and overthinking, I reckon that the "quiet mind" of just doing when playing the guitar is a real benefit to me.

Total opposite of what I do all day, having to concentrate on writing software and using computers: The basic physical nature of moving my hands around a dumb wooden stick with wires attached.

Yeah! I don't remember thinking about much at all other than losing myself in the notes. I'm pretty chordal so I get a lot of emotive feelings out of it.

As someone that often suffers from anxiety and overthinking, I reckon that the "quiet mind" of just doing when playing the guitar is a real benefit to me.

Total opposite of what I do all day, having to concentrate on writing software and using computers: The basic physical nature of moving my hands around a dumb wooden stick with wires attached.
I'm the same way, so I def can relate, that's why after work i cant practice for long my brain is fried
most of my time is always early in the mornings

Literally anything other than the task at hand. My mind wanders super far and wide. It’s kind of a real problem

If I pull my thoughts back in line it shifts to things like “this shit blows” “gd I need to relearn how to play guitar” or “am I almost done with this song/set yet?”

I'm the same way, so I def can relate, that's why after work i cant practice for long my brain is fried
I get it.. the older we get, we don’t have the free headspace. The zone’s long gone for the day!!LOL!
Gotta make that money, bills come whether we like it or not, kids are always changing wanting more things,..just never enough time unless you make the time..then,
-is the glory of it,worth it?
F-it, Let’s quit our jobs & start a band about it🤘🏻

Speaking of mornings & music & inspiration.
Man, this cover is fantastically done.
It’s like this song was made for Charlie.
He delivers the lyrics with his own
tinge’ of cadences.
I don’t know why I’m telling you this.
I think it’s coming from the ‘vehicle’
that’s inspired me lately, -sincerity.

I wanna know where that rad radio went that Tom stole from the arcade tent in the MTV music video!!

Speaking of mornings & music & inspiration.
Man, this cover is fantastically done.
It’s like this song was made for Charlie.
He delivers the lyrics with his own
tinge’ of cadences.
I don’t know why I’m telling you this.
I think it’s coming from the ‘vehicle’
that’s inspired me lately, -sincerity.

I wanna know where that rad radio went that Tom stole from the arcade tent in the MTV music video!!

Great rendition, great song. This version is more melancholy, which still works. Love Charlie's voice.

I want to sherd why cant i shred…. I have snail fingers…. Search YT “how to shred” …. I do search….it comes up people talking for hours bla bla bla “ me get to the fucking point”. Aghh this shit sucks now i have no time left i need to go to work….

Cycle repeats

"Why does the g string intonation always sound like ass, even though I fixed it a million times?" 😂😂😂

(I play mostly LP style guitars and prefer 3/3 headstocks)

Seriously?

I know I've said it a few times before, but I have ADHD, and playing guitar is one of the things that helps me calm the always-racing thoughts, and also increases dopamine levels, which feels pretty good.

My mind jumps and wanders all the time, so the topics in my mind are ever-changing, from running groceries to concert memories, future web researches, gear purchases, what shall I cook for dinner (?), etc etc etc.
But: playing guitar at least reduces the pace and makes the thoughts less intrusive in a way, almost as efficient as meds (dopamine again!).

Also, time flies like crazy when I do...

I pick up the guitar, fall into a rabbit hole, and 2 hours later my SO reminds me to (e.g.) walk the dog, since I forgot to look at the clock and said I'd play for 30 minutes and then go. 😁

Back