TMP Pro has *least* Aliasing ....... Helix and FM9 equally bad ..... The Video "proves" it :)

1701443400297.png

1701443536564.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't watched the video but I hope it was done in good faith.

I'd really be a dick if I ripped on people for enjoying gear that I personally don't; so long as you get some cool sounds and make good music I don't really care. Now if you go down the road of claiming that gear is superior, especially technically, or start ripping on other gear because you're getting paid to promote something, that is absolutely worthy of roasting.

Honestly looking at the TMP it does look like a pretty fun device to use. I like the big color screen, the skeumorphism, the rotary switch knobs, etc. If the sound lived up to the interface, I'd be taking a very hard look at trying one out.

Hell, I was looking at the physical Deluxe Reverb TM again last night and may head down to the store and give it a test drive later today.

That wasn’t the issue, though. Nobody was banging on anyone for buying it, they were pointing out areas where a little work is needed, and areas where a lot of work is needed. That’s not something new whatsoever, the same scrutiny is applied to everything that hits the market. Where things got freaky is that a few TMP owners decided to take this as a personal affront, and fired back with some pretty nasty responses.

Then a few points were raised that I’m pretty sure Fender was hoping nobody would notice or question, and everything went completely crazy.

Then “The Video” hit YouTube, and oh fuck oh dear, lock up the children and hide the women.

You guys are awful. Just awful. :hmm

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

:rofl

This is why I respect some healthy limits on what I know, and even more what I don't.
I ain't wrestling with Gators either anytime soon. :LOL: No one has to be all things to all
people. Let others do some of the lifting who are more fit for that.

Just another healthy reminder to me to honour what you know in life, and appreciate
others who know far more about some things, and to also get the fuck out of our own
way when we clearly don't know jack shit about jack shit.

:beer

Last edited:
It's hard to tell, but that makes it look like the TMP isn't too bad compared to the FM9, and the FM9 comparison is the fair one, not the Axe-FX III.
Not really, from my graphs you can tell fm9's aliasing is ~18dB higher than axe fx (with one amp block), so I think we could safely assume in Cliff's test the signal/alias ratio would be ~57dB, still 25-30dB higher than the TMP.

PS: and based on recent discussions, I'd say the TMP has far worse issues than aliasing anyway.

Last edited:
Back