The definition of hipster garbage

Aleksi

Roadie
https://www.vongon.com/products/replay

The Vongon Replay. 900usd for a single oscillator six voice digital synth that looks like something you dig up from the basement of an office building. Text is white on ... whatever you call that aged plastic colour. Good luck reading what it says on there.

1712133095014.png

White lettering, really? Red lettering would have taken it to even hipper heights.

Price is steep. Could sound cool, who knows.

They do this crap with their pedals. “Aged walnut” enclosures, with IO jacks on the faceplate. I’ve actually been interested in a couple of their products and I’m not totally against unique visual design approaches, but when it’s fighting against functionality and meant in part to demand the hipster price. I’m out.

The white text is really dumb but otherwise I think it looks pretty cool and minimalist. Hope it sounds good too.

I can see how someone might like the aesthetic, but wow that feature set is just incredibly barebones for 900usd. You can get polyphonic analog synths with more oscillators and other features for less than that.

I knew about this product because it was all over my youtube feed a few weeks ago. "Every guitarist needs a synth" was prooobably my favourite shill. Yes, this product is PERFECT for the guitarist who needs a synth in life. :rofl

Back