Synergy Owners Thread

For those that are running synergy modules into a fryette power station - how do you have the switches set (Flat, Bright, Edge) And (Flat, Warm, Deep) on the power station?

Those are for use as an attenuator. They do not work as a poweramp.
It does work as a power amp. I own one and that's how I use it with my Syn2
Connect the preamp's out to the Powerstation's Line in. Then speaker out to your cab.

Edit: Wanted to add that the Powerstation is multifunctional as a power amp, attenuator, and re-amper. And as @aivoryuk mentioned can also self attenuate.

Last edited:
For those that are running synergy modules into a fryette power station - how do you have the switches set (Flat, Bright, Edge) And (Flat, Warm, Deep) on the power station?

I generally don't have it set on flat for either. I'll set Presence & Depth to taste first then flip switches. It'll be some combo of Edge/Bright and Warm/Deep depending on the cab I'm running through. After the switches are where I want them I'll go back and fine tune Presence & Depth if needed. Just flip the switches around and let your ears tell you what's best.

I generally don't have it set on flat for either. I'll set Presence & Depth to taste first then flip switches. It'll be some combo of Edge/Bright and Warm/Deep depending on the cab I'm running through. After the switches are where I want them I'll go back and fine tune Presence & Depth if needed. Just flip the switches around and let your ears tell you what's best.
Thanks - I tend to have mine set on bright and warm and adjust presence and depth to taste depending on the module

Is there a way I can connect my Friedman IRx to the Syn1 so that if I bypass it the IRX will go through - this will then go into the powerstation.

If not then I might consider the BEDLX module and sell the ir-x

It does work as a power amp. I own one and that's how I use it with my Syn2
Connect the preamp's out to the Powerstation's Line in. Then speaker out to your cab.

Edit: Wanted to add that the Powerstation is multifunctional as a power amp, attenuator, and re-amper. And as @aivoryuk mentioned can also self attenuate.
Goofball: The post you quoted is not saying that the PS does not function as a stand alone power amp. Anyone who is not completely unfamiliar the device knows what you posted.

What was rightly being pointed out is that the edge and low response three way toggle switches have ZERO effect on the power station when it is used as a standalone power amp into a cab. Those switches only affect the behavior of the reactive load.

Which is absolutely correct and a good thing for anyone intending to use it that way to understand.

They work in self attenuation mode because the load is engaged but that is orthogonal; the power amp is not being used as a power amp to drive a cab for that use case it it being used to silently drive the reactive load (which is why the switches do have bearing in that mode).

Last edited:
Goofball: The post you quoted is not saying that the PS does not function as a stand alone power amp. Anyone who is not completely unfamiliar the device knows what you posted.

What was rightly being pointed out is that the edge and low response three way toggle switches have ZERO effect on the power station when it is used as a standalone power amp into a cab. Those switches only affect the behavior of the reactive load.

Which is absolutely correct and a good thing for anyone intending to use it that way to understand.

They work in self attenuation mode because the load is engaged but that is orthogonal; the power amp is not being used as a power amp to drive a cab for that use case it it being used to silently drive the reactive load (which is why the switches do have bearing in that mode).

Clodpoll: Yeah, I misread his post. Now my reply is there for anyone who does the same.

Is there a way I can connect my Friedman IRx to the Syn1 so that if I bypass it the IRX will go through - this will then go into the powerstation.

If not then I might consider the BEDLX module and sell the ir-x
I figured this out - helps if you read the manual :ROFLMAO: - irx sounds pretty cool going through the syn-1 as it makes use sag function.

In the market for a new synergy module but which one to get :unsure:

Back