Silent / Noiseless Springs for floating Strat "Tremolo"

How to "fix" high-gain resonance generated from noisy tremolo springs?

• Replace springs wirh "noiseless sorings"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Insert foam or another dampening material inside the spring

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Do nothing because it's part of the Strat experience

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other (reply with details)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for "Noiseless Sorings".

Hs8uEZW.jpg

https://www.fu-tone.com/product-category/spring-upgrades/

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a red set for my Strat Plus Deluxe.

Did you consider getting the big brass sustain block from them, as well ?
I looked at them, but didn't want to go that far down the rabbit hole with this guitar.

OTOH, their FU guitars have all the mods installed as stock and are reasonably priced. I might take a deeper look at those.

Reactions: PLX
My Kiesel Delos has some strips of "felt" or something on the inside of the springs...

None of my many other floating trem has anything other than standard springs.

I used the soft foam from a box a pickup came in that I cut and slid under the springs of one of my guitars a while back. it worked good

Foam has always worked fine for me without any negative side effects, but I bought some of those noiseless springs from Harley Benton for my two main guitars last year, just excellent.

High volume and high gain leads me to ask, "How are you hearing the springs?" :unsure:

I noticed it when we were doing "The Pretender" in the cover band, I was doing the rhythm 'ja-junk ja ja ja junk" part, it was more like 'ja-junkeeee ja ja ja junkeeeee" loud enough that I was rolling my volume down immediately after every 'junk'

I ordered a set of "noiseless" springs from Amazon for $8 and for good measure inserted about a 3" length of 1/4" wide elastic band (doubled over).

Problem solved.

Thanks to everyone that responded!
:beer

Back