Pro bass rig rundown

metropolis_4

Shredder
I’m up to my neck in bass gigs for a while but they’re really basic tone needs type of bass gigs so I didn’t want to haul my AxeFX around. I dug through my drawers and came up with this:

Signal chain - Tuner -> DI box

Tuner is battery powered so no power cords. Can’t remember what kind of DI box it is, the name is under the Velcro.

I’ll be making a few grand playing this rig, not bad :geek:

IMG_2939.jpeg

Amazing!

If there would be something like this, but with a slight OD, I would build it immediately.

Dumb question, but do you think it could do some clanky metal(ish) tones as well? I have an active Ibanez 5string. So having Eq options (3 band, splittable HBs) is no problem.

Last edited:
Good luck with your gigs, no amp? I will be going ampless for any future gigs. I may be old, but open to current equipment options.

For most of my 30 years playing bass, I used nothing but a Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, a Countryman Type 85 direct box, and a good amp. The one thing my experience has taught me should be a part of every bass rig is a high pass filter, to clean up boomy rooms.

For most of my 30 years playing bass, I used nothing but a Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, a Countryman Type 85 direct box, and a good amp. The one thing my experience has taught me should be a part of every bass rig is a high pass filter, to clean up boomy rooms.

Good call on the hpf!

I think a lot of non-bassists don’t understand that one of the most important parts of getting a good bass tone is getting rid of excessive low end

Back