New Friedman IR-X preamp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125-203732.png
    Screenshot_20240125-203732.png
    913.2 KB · Views: 50
You must work with Steve Fryette. The depth and presence control placement on the LX-II are a deterrent to purchase it.
I think all od their stuff is a deterrent to purchase it. Mainly because nothing is ever on stock on their site, and you'll be lucky to find most of it anywhere on the internet available for purchase new.

This seems logical.
Exactly. It’s a very good power amp and from everything I’ve heard sounds better and is built better than the Syn5050. But I went with the Synergy amp because I could adjust presence and depth on the front panel. Having owned that amp, it is 100% necessary to adjust presence and depth fairly regularly and not have them just set somewhere, so his decision to put them in the worst place possible stopped me from making a $1400 purchase of his amp.

I just played my Syn-2 (OS/IICP) + Fryette Power Station PS-2A into my Mojotone British 412 (Celestion G12M-25 and G12H-30 Heritage 55hz) and it sounded great. I'm not sure what I'd gain from an LX-II or Syn5050.

You must work with Steve Fryette. The depth and presence control placement on the LX-II are a deterrent to purchase it.
Fryette has explained that they found that the people who used their gear would set and forget those controls.

But to me it's still stupid to put them in a hard to access location. How often do you need to swap freakin' fuses on an amp, to put those on the front panel? Nobody does that on the fly, they switch to a backup amp.

Back