NCD: Mojotone British 4x10 "Ace Mix" cab

Mojotone cab - ✅
2 x G10 Gold speakers ✅
2 x G10 Greenback speakers - out for delivery :grin
Please do not (*wink wink*) tell me if those sound wonderful. There’s a G10 Greenback loaded 4x10 for sale locally that I’ve been eyeing for a month now. I don’t need to know how glorious that cab might be to own.

Please do not (*wink wink*) tell me if those sound wonderful. There’s a G10 Greenback loaded 4x10 for sale locally that I’ve been eyeing for a month now. I don’t need to know how glorious that cab might be to own.
star-wars-do-it-415636633.gif

I've been starting at this thing trying to decide if I'm going to wire it in series/parallel or parallel/series, and if I should use the clips or solder directly to the terminals.

The soldering iron is heating up as I post this

Tomorrow I'm going to rewire my 2x12 Jensen Blackbird (40 watt, 8 Ohm) cabinet from its current parallel 4 Ohm configuration to series 16 Ohm so I can run it in parallel with Monotone cab for an 8 Ohm combined load.

1000001220.gif

I played the Mojotone (16 Ohm} combined with my (8 Ohm} Park Creamback 2x12 using the Z-Matcher to convert the Mojotone to 8 Ohms for a combined 4 ohm load to the King Kong 50.

1000001211.gif

Last edited:
1000001225.jpg

Very impressed with the build quality of the Mojotone cab. Flawless construction.

The speakers easily lined up with all of the threaded insert mounting points. All of the mounting screws were included and threaded into position with absolutely zero binding.

The back panel is a perfect fit and no issues with the associated hardware.

The side handles are made of metal, feel super sturdy and are comfortable to use.

The only criticism I have is that the included wiring had appropriately sized terminal clips on one end, but the opposite end terminals were too small, as if they were intended to connect to a more elaborate output jack plate. This one has a single 1/4" jack. This didn't matter to me since I soldered all wiring directly to the speaker terminals.

The empty cab is relatively expensive, but is a good value considering the high quality build materials and attention to detail.

Now I need to figure out if I want to add casters. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I just took delivery of mine.
Craftsmanship with candor!!
Been a longtime since I ran 10’s.
The grunt is there but what had me getting after it
was the juicy & harmonic lead tone!
Killer slam a open E and hit the bottom notes for that Hendrixy’ cool sh*t or for that cool rhythm parts in ‘Metallica’s Orion’.
I’m vibin’ it.
Like I could use that cabinet on a cabinet switcher
for the last man on Earth lead tone,
as opposed to a channel in an amp or boost pedal.
The amp I specifically designed the cab around,
is currently being built so I’m testing the cab with
amps that are for other specific speaker & cabinet combinations in my arsenal,
However I will order a custom Friedman AC15 if he includes that amp in his Vintage series line of new amps( I’ve been hangin’ onto that one for a while!).
so my ears must seat by nature with the top-end
in the 10’’s.
Alnico’s have a different threshold to the
break-up.
Some tuning in to match the sweet spot to the cherry🎯
The speaker’s can’t do it themselves!!
Cheers for MILLIONS of years⚡

Spent a few very enjoyable hours playing my Ceriatone through the Ace mix Mojotone last night. For reference, I usually play the Ceriatone through a couple of oversized 2x12 cabs (Creambacks & Blackbirds).

First thing I notice is how tight and mid -focused the 4x10 sound compared to the pair of 2x12 cabs. The crackle and sparkle was very similar, but the 4x10 lacked the depth and push to which I was accustomed. That makes perfect sense considering the pure physics of the enclosure sizes and combination of alnicos & ceramics.

Then I redialed the KK50 for the Mojotone and immediately lost myself in a wall of meaty, harmonically complex mids over a punchy thumping bottom end I could feel from the front of my chest through to my spine. Oh so good!

Kicking on the fuzz was like running with pack of howling & growling wolves. Satisfying and unsettling at the same time. Again, oh so good.

Cranking the gain and ripping single note lines did not disappoint. Inspiring to say the least.

I'm looking forward to plugging in with the Mark VII, Badlander, JVM, Triaxis/2:90, Fillmore, and OR15H. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Last edited:
Spent a few very enjoyable hours playing my Ceriatone through the Ace mix Mojotone last night. For reference, I usually play the Ceriatone through a couple of oversized 2x12 cabs (Creambacks & Blackbirds).

First thing I notice is how tight and mid -focused the 4x10 sound compared to the pair if 2x12 cabs. The crackle and sparkle was very similar, but the 4x10 lacked the depth and push. That makes perfect sense considering the pure physics of the enclosure sizes and combination of alnicos & ceramics.

Then I redialed the KK50 for the Mojotone and immediately lost myself in a wall of meaty, harmonically complex mids over a punchy thumping bottom end I could feel from the front of my chest through to my spine. Oh so good!

Kicking on the fuzz was like running with pack of howling & growling wolves. Satisfying and unsettling at the same time. Again, oh so good.

Cranking the gain and ripping single note lines did not disappoint. Inspiring to say the least.

I'm looking forward to plugging in with the Mark VII, Badlander, JVM, Triaxis/2:90, Fillmore, and OR15H. It's going to be a busy weekend.
Glad you're enjoying the cab!
10's are fun, definitely my favorite. IMO, they have a bit faster response, a wonderfully dynamic midrange and punchy bottom end. Seems to be your impression as well. I've yet to to try the Gold but has definitely been on my radar for years.

Back