NCD: Mojotone British 4x10 "Ace Mix" cab

Why would you get a 410 over a 412 other than size/weight? Are there any sound reasons to go that route? I've never used a 210 or 410 before.

Why would you get a 410 over a 412 other than size/weight? Are there any sound reasons to go that route? I've never used a 210 or 410 before.
Size & weight are big factors and should be good enough to justify choosing a 4x10 over a 4x12.

Smaller speakers have a shorter voice coil and less paper in their cones. This smaller mass should be more efficient in a 10 inch speaker.

Sound-wise, my 4x10 is much tighter than my T75 loaded 4x12. The cab resonance is shifted to a slightly higher frequency making it less boomy comparatively.

"Variety is the spice of life!"

Exactly. I'll do my damnest as your butler. My first order of business is to manage your music instruments for you. It's tough to do it all by

Great question.
To answer that,with experience at low vuolumes vs the 4X12 at low volumes,
the 4X10 was the go to by nature and start jammin’ without really bringing the wall shaking goods.
But you certainly can get mean at high volumes with the 4X10, mines a bit of a hybrid with the slightly slanted top baffle which really helps the speakers fill out.
The 10’s do break-up much sooner which also helps for at home 4X12’like action low volume punch & midrange roar with beefy fangs.
4X10’s also aren’t very big, almost 2X12 horizontal-like.
Much lighter.
But 4X12’s are still super-killer in their own way.

I don't need another cab...
I don't need another cab...

Ordered one anyway.

Mojotone British series 4x10 cab
2 x Celestion G10 Gold @ 16 ohms
2 x Celestion G10 Greenback @ 16 ohms

I blame thank @Life Eats Life for the inspiration.
Hmmm, "product over the sums" =(16x16)/32. Sounds like 8 ohms to me.

Looks great, I would have gotten 10" Neo Creambacks myself, half the weight.

For comparison, that's about 10 kg / 22 lbs more than my Bluetone 4x10 with four 10" Greenbacks. My cab is made of paulownia except for the speaker mounting frame. Paulownia is super light, but also pretty soft and ugly.

4x10cabinet_2.jpg
Looks great. I'd opt for the Neo Creambacks, but that's just me. They tend to go extremely well with Dumble-esque amps.

What does the amp head look like?

Hmmm, "product over the sums" =(16x16)/32. Sounds like 8 ohms to me.

Looks great, I would have gotten 10" Neo Creambacks myself, half the weight.
It's wired in two sets of a greenback and gold in series, and then the two sets are wired in parallel.

Series + parallel with 4 speakers @ 16 ohms results in a 16 ohm nominal impedance for the cab.

If Celestion sold a g10 neo Creamback I might have bought it. Only available from Celestion in the g12 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited: to add the following:
The Greenback + Gold "Ace Mix" configuration is :chef .

The weight is manageable and it's super easy to move with the newly installed Mesa Trak-Loc 3" casters. This is now my go-to gigging cabinet since it sounds excellent with whatever amp feeds it.
:beer

Last edited:
It's wired in two sets of a creamback and gold in series, and then the two sets are wired in parallel.

Series + parallel with 4 speakers @ 16 ohms results in a 16 ohm nominal impedance for the cab.

If Celestion sold a g10 neo Creamback I would have bought it. Only available from Celestion in the g12 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited: to add the following:
The Greenback + Gold "Ace Mix" configuration is :chef .

The weight is manageable and it's super easy to move with the newly installed Mesa Trak-Loc 3" casters. This is now my go-to gigging cabinet since it sounds excellent with whatever amp feeds it.
:beer
Got ya, I thought this was the neo, alas it is not. I mean the "neo" line has been around about 9 years now. Why no 10"? They should make a 15" version for bass players too.

I do love these in the 10" world:

Back