NCD! Curtains must match the drapes!

PBGas

Roadie
Well.....I finally got the 4x12 I haver always wanted! This...after I got the amp head I have always wanted!

I had the 2x12, changed out the speakers to the EVH Greenbacks and it was better, but to be honest it is just MEH in comparison to this big fellah!

I was looking for a much fuller sound for playing at home and for some recording. I will probably only take this out once or twice a year on a larger stage that we play through the summer months. I don't think my back will tolerate much more!

Either way,

:rawk
IMG_2158 Large.jpeg

Congrats on the cab.

Thread hijack but God that's a sick guitar.

Does the Volume knob get in the way for palm mutes? I'm considering getting a replacement pick guard that has the Delonge mod which moves the volume 1 out of the way.

From this:

9o2wKDY.png

To this:

5PsW2WY.png

Congrats @PBGas ! That's a beast.

@texhex
The Delonge always seemed weird to me, too close to the switch now. If you're ordering from Warmoth just eliminate the holes and drill them where needed. Also think some Amazon vendors have them without holes.

@texhex
The Delonge always seemed weird to me, too close to the switch now. If you're ordering from Warmoth just eliminate the holes and drill them where needed. Also think some Amazon vendors have them without holes.
Yeah put that hole back where it was before.
That’s my master control that needs to be as close to remote control as possible.

@texhex

The volume knob is the worst thing about a strat. Makes the whole guitar feel claustrophobic.

Anything that moves the strat volume knob away from where it naturally sits is an improvement in my book, even including wiring in one global tone control and only having one volume and one tone knob mounted at the middle and bottom knob positions, knocking out the top knob entirely.

As someone who rides the volume control, I disagree. It’s in the perfect location for grabbing with your pinky.

As someone who never rides it I can disagree but the old adage of "if it ain't broke..." applies considering lots of folks been making it work as is the past 7 decades!

Inevitable old age and impending death are huge motivators. :LOL:
Ya know, we’re alive all these days that go up in a flash and it takes one of those days to day.
Dude, I SERIOUSLY realize what my elders have said about running out of time.
It’s ok to have multiple dreams but there’s not enough time to faithfully chase them all down.
Cuz life eats life, ya hear?

Back