NAD Traynor YBA-1a Bass Master Plexi or Hiwatt or...

Deadpan

Shredder
Vendor
Cranking this thing up. It is stupid loud! The riffs are usually a product of how the amp sounds to me and are not planned so...

Straight in to a Greenback mic'd with a single SM57.

Traynor.jpg

Last edited:
Those things are beasts w/massive transformers. Legend has it Pete Traynor used to throw them off the factory roof for a durability test.

Our bass player uses a 70s one with a Traynor 2x10+1x15 cab, sounds crazy good.

Your clip sounds great, very cool amp!

Those things are beasts w/massive transformers. Legend has it Pete Traynor used to throw them off the factory roof for a durability test.

Our bass player uses a 70s one with a Traynor 2x10+1x15 cab, sounds crazy good.

Your clip sounds great, very cool amp!
Thanks.

Does your bass player use any pedals with his?

Will be putting it to the test with bass soon.

Wanted to see what it could do for plexi type tones. Definitely not 100% Marshall. Maybe a little HiWatt?

I pushed the front end with a Fortin Blade. One of the best clean boosts I've found.

I used to run those back in the day. More reliable than the Marshalls and similar sound but less harsh bite. Wish I still had it. Definitely great through Greenbacks.

These used to be all over the pawn shops when I was a kid, usually super cheap (like $200). John Landgraff modded the hell out of them, and they sounded great.

Wanted to see what it could do for plexi type tones. Definitely not 100% Marshall. Maybe a little HiWatt?

I pushed the front end with a Fortin Blade. One of the best clean boosts I've found.

Could it be mid-60’s Marshall-based with the Bassman/JTM style tone stack? I think I briefly looked into these amps many years ago.

Could it be mid-60’s Marshall-based with the Bassman/JTM style tone stack? I think I briefly looked into these amps many years ago.
Here is a gut shot. Pretty sure it is stock aside from being serviced.

I have read its a few value changes away from a Bassman and JTM45.

20240313_115924.jpg

Back