NAD: Orange Rocker 15 + Orange 1x12

Jarick

Shredder
Trigger pulled. Decided to ditch the Katana and get some tubes. Found the 1x12 at a good price on Monday, then saw the amp at a local shop yesterday. Did some research, and it seemed like a good choice.

Clean channel is one knob, and it sounds pretty good, just a basic clean tone. Dirty channel has basic EQ, and it can go from clean to really fuzzy. It has a "headroom/bedroom" switch which takes it from 15 watts down to 1, which is critical for home playing. Also has an effects loop which I'll play around with.

Later on I'll hook up the QC and/or Fractal and see how it plays with modelers out front or in the loop.

53709948124_06b082b3e3_b.jpg

Congrats, nice! I've liked the sounds of a few Orange amps in the past, but never had the chance to really spend time with one.
I get the sense that they're kinda like a Marshall that leans on the fatter / tweedy side of things?

Congrats, nice! I've liked the sounds of a few Orange amps in the past, but never had the chance to really spend time with one.
I get the sense that they're kinda like a Marshall that leans on the fatter / tweedy side of things?

They are interesting sounding amps. They can sound a bit raw or mid focused at times maybe? The clean channel has a little scoop and sparkle but tighter/learner bass. Not as bright as a Fender or as pokey as a Marshall. The dirty channel is kind of smooth sounding and can get quite overdriven and distorted.

It's left field for me, but I think that may be interesting.

Quick test with the QC in front, it's pretty decent. But I really like the HX Effects out in front of the dirty channel dialed in to edge of breakup. Amp seems to take pedals and effects nicely. They just kind of melt into the amp tone.

Rocker’s are cool amps man.
The clean channel (Natural) super good with
effects straight in.
That was my main gigging amp in the band
GreasePit.
That clean can get loud and greasy, get some
light phaser action goin’..some Eddie Hazel moves

I put the Axe FX 3 in 4CM with the Rocker 15 today and holy crap it sounds really good for effects with the clean channel. Running them in the effects loop seems to keep them just a little clearer. The overall tone though is really good, almost a Fendery clean sound, especially with a little EQ in the loop.

Back