Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

The behavior is a bit odd compared to other MIDpedals. Instead of holding activating the function, hold-and-release activates it. This makes it seem like nothing happens when you hold.

Either it should activate on hold like most MIDI controllers (probably leading to the typical "release = tap" functionality) or it should show something on screen to indicate you have held it long enough to activate hold. Now I was unsure how long I need to hold before releasing.

Hmm I’m pretty sure just holding for 1 sec (not hold + release) is enough to trigger the Hold Action. Maybe something was accidentally changed afterward. Should be easy an easy fix.

Trying 4.3.1beta I notice that the CV output now reaches 100% while reading 50%. Nice to have the rollback option.

Trying 4.3.1beta I notice that the CV output now reaches 100% while reading 50%. Nice to have the rollback option.

I removed the 9V option from the Relay + CV adapter, so 5V = 100% duty now. Sorry if it breaks compatibility your adapter, just need to half your CV messages output.

Either it should activate on hold like most MIDI controllers (probably leading to the typical "release = tap" functionality) or it should show something on screen to indicate you have held it long enough to activate hold. Now I was unsure how long I need to hold before releasing.

This was a bug, fixed

I noticed it malfunctioned quite a few times like this:
  1. I start holding the bank + or bank - footswitch.
  2. Instead the preset under that footswitch gets activated.
  3. Then the UI changes to show "Bank -" for example.
  4. If I hold "Bank +" footswitch, it will do steps 1-3 as well.
  5. If I now just tap the "Bank -" footswitch, it will perform the bank change action.
  6. The Bank + state remains after bank change so the moment I tap that button, it will increment bank.
It doesn't seem to do it every time.
Fixed

Graviton M1 / M2 Software Update 4.3.2 (Beta) Release

• Fixed: Crashing with too many LEDs.
  • Fixed: Hold and Double Tap works correctly now.
  • Added: Hold and Repeat Action
  • Added: Release Action
  • Improved: 1st / 2nd / 3rd Tap Rotation.
  • Improved: Action Menu navigation.

How to Update:

• Go to Settings > Update > Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The update process typically takes 2-3 minutes. If it hangs up or takes longer than that, tap cancel or power cycle the device and try again.

Last edited:
  • Fixed: Hold and Double Tap works correctly now.
  • Added: Hold and Repeat Action
Hold seems to work mostly ok now with my F6W, but it seems to work as "hold and repeat" which can make it scroll banks too far if you hold just a bit too long. Separate actions called "Hold tap" and "Hold & repeat" would be good, or alternatively some "repeat on/off" toggle for hold. With "Hold tap" the expectation is executing it just once.

With the XY controller where I do want the hold and repeat functionality, the hold action repeats very slowly. If I set XY up/down to work like encoder click up/down, then I can repeat the clicks manually way faster than by keeping holding a direction. It should probably ramp up on some sort of curve instead in how quickly it starts repeating the command. Maybe a "Repeat time: Slow/medium/fast" option?

Holding a button on the F6W the footswitch, its grid square is highlighted. This makes it seem like the preset is getting activated even though you can see the actual preset up top does not change. It should probably do that but show the hold action label briefly instead as an indicator for hold succeeding.

I am also still seeing the issue where the hold function "Bank +/-" is stuck on one of the UI buttons and tapping it will do that instead of the preset action. This seems to happen only if you go configure the hold tap function, then when you back out of that menu it shows that hold action in the block. But it does not go away until you tap it on screen or tap/hold the footswitch.

LEDs are stuck at enabled state by default, but that was not said to be fixed in this version anyway. But they no longer appear in banks with no toggle states.

Idea:

When you hold a button and get to the Assign action view, it would show a list of all actions, something like this:

GravitonM1 UI mockup - Assign Action.png

So instead of tapping the top corner to select the type of action, you tap the action in this screen, or 1/2 in the corner to show more actions. This would solve the issue where it's hard to figure out which actions are assigned and what they do without going through them one by one.

Hold seems to work mostly ok now with my F6W, but it seems to work as "hold and repeat" which can make it scroll banks too far if you hold just a bit too long. Separate actions called "Hold tap" and "Hold & repeat" would be good, or alternatively some "repeat on/off" toggle for hold. With "Hold tap" the expectation is executing it just once.

With the XY controller where I do want the hold and repeat functionality, the hold action repeats very slowly. If I set XY up/down to work like encoder click up/down, then I can repeat the clicks manually way faster than by keeping holding a direction. It should probably ramp up on some sort of curve instead in how quickly it starts repeating the command. Maybe a "Repeat time: Slow/medium/fast" option?

Agree. I think a global repeat settings menu would work, but based on the repeating actions, rather than buttons. Each action, if repeated, can be set to Off / Slow / Medium / Fast speed (with some ramping curve) ? This way it's much easier if you have many controllers or reassign their actions often.

Holding a button on the F6W the footswitch, its grid square is highlighted. This makes it seem like the preset is getting activated even though you can see the actual preset up top does not change. It should probably do that but show the hold action label briefly instead as an indicator for hold succeeding.

Yeah makes sense, I'll try that

I am also still seeing the issue where the hold function "Bank +/-" is stuck on one of the UI buttons and tapping it will do that instead of the preset action. This seems to happen only if you go configure the hold tap function, then when you back out of that menu it shows that hold action in the block. But it does not go away until you tap it on screen or tap/hold the footswitch.
LEDs are stuck at enabled state by default, but that was not said to be fixed in this version anyway. But they no longer appear in banks with no toggle states.

Should be an easy fix.

Idea:

When you hold a button and get to the Assign action view, it would show a list of all actions, something like this:

View attachment 21963

So instead of tapping the top corner to select the type of action, you tap the action in this screen, or 1/2 in the corner to show more actions. This would solve the issue where it's hard to figure out which actions are assigned and what they do without going through them one by one.

Cool ! I have a slightly different idea, which is a row of 6 blocks on the bottom, each is a tap action as if shown in the main screen. Tap on each block to show the assign menu in the middle like usual. But yours are very good as well.

Last edited:
Agree. I think a global repeat settings menu would work, but based on the repeating actions, rather than buttons. Each action, if repeated, can be set to Off / Slow / Medium / Fast speed (with some ramping curve) ? This way it's much easier if you have many controllers or reassign their actions often.
So you would set say something like this?
  • Bank Inc/Dec: Slow
  • Encoder Click: Fast
That could work. Btw, there doesn't seem to be a Preset Inc/Dec action available.

Bug: Clicking Assign Action -> Preset -> Bank -> Back button seems to have the issue where it backs out of the entire assign action menu to the block grid.

Cool ! I have a slightly different idea, which is a row of 6 blocks on the bottom, each is a tap action as if shown in the main screen. Tap on each show the assign menu in the middle like usual.
This would be kind of like the "Alternative actions" screen where you pick which tap, hold etc action you want to view? Yeah that would work too if you can fit the current action on each button in that view.

That could work. Btw, there doesn't seem to be a Preset Inc/Dec action available.
Correct, I'll add Preset +/ - as well

Bug: Clicking Assign Action -> Preset -> Bank -> Back button seems to have the issue where it backs out of the entire assign action menu to the block grid.
Done

This would be kind of like the "Alternative actions" screen where you pick which tap, hold etc action you want to view? Yeah that would work too if you can fit the current action on each button in that view.
It would be a row of 6 color blocks like in the middle of the XY Controllers Screen, but placed at the bottom. But it might appear too busy / slightly inconsistent with the rest of the menu system. I'll probably stick to the text menu style.

i don't understand how to get this ec controller to work. Right now I have xy controller just controlling 16 assigns inside my boss gm-800. I want to use the EC controller for the sy-1000 only. I want to assign a click to turn on/off the send/return that my gm-800 is into, then assign knob to control the send/return volume...

Then the other knob i want to control and turn on/off my blocks in my preset on sy-1000 and then control the master volume of it... but no matter what I do, it wants the EC controller tied to my XY presets.

I want the ec controller to only control sy-1000 and not the gm-800.

i don't understand how to get this ec controller to work. Right now I have xy controller just controlling 16 assigns inside my boss gm-800. I want to use the EC controller for the sy-1000 only. I want to assign a click to turn on/off the send/return that my gm-800 is into, then assign knob to control the send/return volume...

Then the other knob i want to control and turn on/off my blocks in my preset on sy-1000 and then control the master volume of it... but no matter what I do, it wants the EC controller tied to my XY presets.

Yeah this might be a failing in how the system works, where a preset needs to have a Encoder Click message followed by the MIDI messages you want it to control. So if you are not in that preset then it would not work.

A potential workaround would be building a preset where you have your encoder functions only. Encoder click -> MIDI CC x -> MIDI CC y. Then you could try using the "preset chain" message and add this "encoder preset" to all your presets.

Even better would be the possibility to assign the EC functions globally somehow so they work regardless of the current preset. Global presets that only allow encoder click + MIDI CC messages?

Yeah this might be a failing in how the system works, where a preset needs to have a Encoder Click message followed by the MIDI messages you want it to control. So if you are not in that preset then it would not work.

A potential workaround would be building a preset where you have your encoder functions only. Encoder click -> MIDI CC x -> MIDI CC y. Then you could try using the "preset chain" message and add this "encoder preset" to all your presets.

Even better would be the possibility to assign the EC functions globally somehow so they work regardless of the current preset. Global presets that only allow encoder click + MIDI CC messages?

Each Encoder already has the options to work either in the Current Preset or Global Preset, similar to your suggestion:
  • Assign Action > Current Preset: only trigger the Encoder Messages in the Current Preset. This allows the Rotary Encoder Knobs to work on a per-preset basis. For example, in Preset 1, the encoder can be used to adjust Reverb Mix, and in Preset 2, it can be used to adjust Gain.

• Assign Action > Fixed Preset: only trigger the Encoder Messages in a specific Preset. This feature is useful for using the Rotary Encoder Knobs as a fixed-function knob, such as for master volume, gain, effect level, etc., independently of the Current Preset.
Any Preset can be used as a Global Preset for the Encoders. Or mix and match as you want. There are a lot of flexibility in programming these.

The manual has a lot more information in the EC Controllers section.

Last edited:

You can try these steps:

1) Program a Preset, for example, ‘SY-1000 EC’, with an Encoder + CC Block.

2) In EC Controller Screens, long tap on the EC knob, then select Fixed Preset and choose the ‘SY-1000 EC’ from the list.

3) Now, the EC knob will only control the SY-1000 in the background, while the screen still shows your XY Presets.

Graviton M1 / M2 Software Update 4.3.3 (Beta) Release
  • Hold Actions are shown while holding down buttons.
  • Double Tap and Release Actions are shown briefly when activated.
  • Hold Tap > Encoder Click faster ramping up speed.
  • Tap Actions Menu now displays all Assigned Actions / Preset Names a quick glance.
  • New Actions: Preset +/-
  • Bug fixes.

How to Update / Rollback:
  • Go to Settings > Update / Rollback > Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You can switch between Beta and the last Stable Release anytime without loosing programmed data.
  • It's recommended to stay on the Stable Release for gigging.

Last edited:

I made repeating Bank +/- a bit slower, and Encoder Click much faster. Just some default settings that feels right for now until the speed menu.

The Encoder Step can also be used as speed control, as different parameter types may need different speeds.

A few small things in update fw process:
  • It does not list that an update is beta until you have installed the version. It just says "4.3.3".
  • "If Hangs Up, Power Cycle And Try Again" -> "If the process hangs, power cycle and try again". Weird capitalization of every word too.
4.3.3 beta issues:
  • Momentary toggle can conflict with hold tap, where the preset with momentary toggle gets stuck to "on" state. I don't know what would be a good way to get around this, other than hold tap taking precedence and momentary toggle not activating. The user would then just need to arrange their presets to footswitches where there is no hold function.
  • I tried "Bank Toggle" for double tap, but it seemed to either just go back to the bank (toggle twice), or it toggled and activated the preset under that button in the bank. Sometimes the "Bank Toggle" label also got stuck. No hold actions on the footswitch.
  • I was once able to get a hold function in a state where it kept going even after releasing the button. No idea how. I had it set to go to MIDI Tracking.
  • Mapping 1st, 2nd and 3rd tap + double tap does not seem to work. I mapped 2nd and 3rd to just fixed presets. After double tap (another fixed preset) is added, taps 1-3 no longer work. Without it they work fine. Double tap should perhaps be disabled if you map 2nd and 3rd tap as it can be hard to discern if it's a double tap.
  • If 1st Tap is not mapped and Release is, it should probably show Release label in the block grid instead of "None".
  • When selecting an action to set, tapping on the label takes you back to 1st tap instead of the action indicated on the label. Label should do nothing or lead to the appropriate action.
Encoder click repeat is much better now at least for the XY controller. Encoder step is a good tip for adjusting its speed.
Bank +/- on the first time could be faster, seems to take about 2s for the action to activate.

Overall it seems hold wait time is something like 2s even for the encoder click, which seems long enough to make me wonder "Is this working?" It's more noticeable on the footswitches. These are hard to get just right.

I like the new action type menu, much easier to follow what is happening when you see them all at a glance.

Last edited:
A few small things in update fw process:
  • It does not list that an update is beta until you have installed the version. It just says "4.3.3".
  • "If Hangs Up, Power Cycle And Try Again" -> "If the process hangs, power cycle and try again". Weird capitalization of every word too.

Fixed

Momentary toggle can conflict with hold tap, where the preset with momentary toggle gets stuck to "on" state. I don't know what would be a good way to get around this, other than hold tap taking precedence and momentary toggle not activating. The user would then just need to arrange their presets to footswitches where there is no hold function.

Yes good idea, fixed.

I tried "Bank Toggle" for double tap, but it seemed to either just go back to the bank (toggle twice), or it toggled and activated the preset under that button in the bank. Sometimes the "Bank Toggle" label also got stuck. No hold actions on the footswitch.

Should be fixed now.

I was once able to get a hold function in a state where it kept going even after releasing the button. No idea how. I had it set to go to MIDI Tracking.

Fixed: This happens when you triggered a button's Hold Action, and press on a second button after without releasing the first button.

Mapping 1st, 2nd and 3rd tap + double tap does not seem to work. I mapped 2nd and 3rd to just fixed presets. After double tap (another fixed preset) is added, taps 1-3 no longer work. Without it they work fine. Double tap should perhaps be disabled if you map 2nd and 3rd tap as it can be hard to discern if it's a double tap.

Fixed: its working fine with XY, was a bug with other type of controllers.

If 1st Tap is not mapped and Release is, it should probably show Release label in the block grid instead of "None".

I think this would confuse users thinking they assigned something on the 1st/2nd/3rd Tap when they didn't or forgot. I'm also wanting to make 1st Tap > Encoder Click works on repeating (not just for Hold Tap) so keeping this might be better.

When selecting an action to set, tapping on the label takes you back to 1st tap instead of the action indicated on the label. Label should do nothing or lead to the appropriate action.

Fixed.

Encoder click repeat is much better now at least for the XY controller. Encoder step is a good tip for adjusting its speed.
Bank +/- on the first time could be faster, seems to take about 2s for the action to activate.

Overall it seems hold wait time is something like 2s even for the encoder click, which seems long enough to make me wonder "Is this working?" It's more noticeable on the footswitches. These are hard to get just right.
It was 1300ms, changed back to 1000ms for now. But there will be a new global Settings > Control menu for these kind of parameters

Graviton M1 / M2 Software Update 4.3.4 (Beta)
  • Improved: Double / Hold Action behaviors.
  • Fixed: Hold Actions assignment.
  • Fixed: Pairing wireless controllers.
  • Bug fixes.
How to Update / Rollback:
  • Go to Settings > Update / Rollback > Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You can switch between Beta and the last Stable Release anytime without loosing programmed data.
  • It's recommended to stay on the Stable Release for gigging.

Great work fixing these bugs so quickly!

Software update typo: "Update to Lastest Beta" -> "Update to Latest Beta"

Double tap on F6W seems to work much more reliably now.

I rearranged a momentary preset so it does not conflict with hold. I have this preset activate the Strymon Deco auto-flange feature, same as holding the doubletracker footswitch on the pedal. I think it should show the LED when holding the footswitch, then turn off on release, but the LED state does not change other than turning off on tap (still has that "all LEDs on at first" bug).

With Hold -> Bank toggle, I occasionally see the preset under that footswitch activate, either at the start of hold or on release after bank switch. It's not always happening though, just randomly. I was using one of the taller footswitches on the F6W for this in case it somehow matters. Can't reliably reproduce it.

The shorter delay definitely works better and makes everything feel more responsive. Being able to fine tune these yourself in the future is a good feature so you can get them to "feel" just right.

Last edited:
Software update typo: "Update to Lastest Beta" -> "Update to Latest Beta"

Fixed

Double tap on F6W seems to work much more reliably now. I rearranged a momentary preset so it does not conflict with hold. I have this preset activate the Strymon Deco auto-flange feature, same as holding the doubletracker footswitch on the pedal. I think it should show the LED when holding the footswitch, then turn off on release, but the LED state does not change other than turning off on tap

With Momentary Enabled, the current behaviour is: LED is on while holding / off on release (in MIDI Editor / Preset Library / Devices Screens) as it should be (?) for me :unsure: which screen are you looking at ?

(still has that "all LEDs on at first" bug).

I don't understand this. With Toggling Enabled, the current behaviour is: LED on = normal CC sent, LED off = CC with value 0 sent (or Toggling CC/PC if added). So it matches the Effect On/Off statuses on the screen of the target device.

Or you mean it should be reversed ? Showing the button function rather than the current status ?

With Hold -> Bank toggle, I occasionally see the preset under that footswitch activate, either at the start of hold or on release after bank switch. It's not always happening though, just randomly. I was using one of the taller footswitches on the F6W for this in case it somehow matters. Can't reliably reproduce it.

Should be fixed (just a timing tweak, rejecting events that are longer than a normal tap and shorter than a hold tap)

Last edited:
Back