Loadbox + DynaCabs FTFW

DrewJD82

Staff member
Gilmour Strat, Lovepedal Tchula, OCD, Blue Channel of the Electra Dyne (a little breakup), Friedman GB w/ Ribbon Mic DynaCab
(And the first of 10 minutes I've touched a guitar in a few days)

I didn't even touch the amp settings from how I had them into a cab in my living room, I spent all of 8 seconds moving the mic around the speaker in the DynaCab. First thing heard in the clip is the guitar w/ no pedals, but I turn up the mid boost around the time I play the "Sweet Emotion" riff, then I step on the Tchula, I fuck around with that mid control a bit before stepping on the next pedal. My usual delay/reverb/reverse delay post-effects from the AxeFX.

I can't believe how that feels coming out of the monitors, the low end is really somethin' else. This will definitely help me out when it comes to dialing in AxeFX tones, being able to reference an actual amp through the same virtual and physical speakers. I know I've been suffering from "dial in what you want to hear, not what reality is" for a long time, I want to end that.

Hahahha I recorded this in the first 3 minutes I started playing, I haven't even fucked around with other tones out of this amp or other amps yet, I was just stoked right away! And that Tchula + OCD is pretty fuckin' sweet for a hot rodded Marshall tone. I'm not sure I've ever stacked them before 10 minutes ago.

Gilmour Strat, Lovepedal Tchula, OCD, Blue Channel of the Electra Dyne (a little breakup), Friedman GB w/ Ribbon Mic DynaCab
(And the first of 10 minutes I've touched a guitar in a few days)

I didn't even touch the amp settings from how I had them into a cab in my living room, I spent all of 8 seconds moving the mic around the speaker in the DynaCab. First thing heard in the clip is the guitar w/ no pedals, but I turn up the mid boost around the time I play the "Sweet Emotion" riff, then I step on the Tchula, I fuck around with that mid control a bit before stepping on the next pedal. My usual delay/reverb/reverse delay post-effects from the AxeFX.

I can't believe how that feels coming out of the monitors, the low end is really somethin' else. This will definitely help me out when it comes to dialing in AxeFX tones, being able to reference an actual amp through the same virtual and physical speakers. I know I've been suffering from "dial in what you want to hear, not what reality is" for a long time, I want to end that.

Hahahha I recorded this in the first 3 minutes I started playing, I haven't even fucked around with other tones out of this amp or other amps yet, I was just stoked right away! And that Tchula + OCD is pretty fuckin' sweet for a hot rodded Marshall tone. I'm not sure I've ever stacked them before 10 minutes ago.

100%

I like this setup so much, I bumped one of my physical cabs off my cabinet switcher so I could instead have the LB-2 connected. That LB-2 runs into my Axe Fx for IR loading (via DynaCabs or CabLab) and post-FX.

Lock N Load Shower GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

:chef

Killer! I don't know you got a LB. :pickle

Just out of the Suhr into the Axe-Fx and using only a Cab Block and FX??

Sweet! Congrats on the new piece of kit. :beer

Is this going to change how you track guitars in the future, or just to give you
more options?

Sweet! Congrats on the new piece of kit. :beer

Is this going to change how you track guitars in the future, or just to give you
more options?

Oh, I’m sure I’ll be using amps on recordings a lot more. From the time I turned on the amp until I had a tone I was happy with was about 45 seconds, including adding the effects. :rofl

Back