Let’s Talk Amp Service

I bring them in when they start to make unwanted noises … or stop doing the wanted. 3x in 3 decades of amps.

Mod…I had a poweramp input added to a superchamp x2…and a return level control to a mesa combo.(I run preamp / modeler loaded boards)

I’d always thought that would be a useful mod back then I had an X2 head. I wanted to put a Helix through it.
Works great…probably for any amp that doesn’t have a loop and has a decent powersection.
When you need something to amp modelers / preamps and you own an amp you like, but doesn’t have an efx loop….if it’s not a vintage treasure…go for it! Costs you 150,- at a decent tech tops, including a level control.

I own the combo, put a great speaker in it…probably my most gigged amp (usually paired with another one in a stereo rig)
It sounds fantastic imo..of course the size is what it is..so it’s no 4x12 obviously.
While used as a “powered speaker”…on its own it’s also a very good amp. The modeling/efx are oldies…still decent…but the clean channel holds up against a princeton imo….eats katanas for breakfast ;)

Back