Is this the Ugliest Guitar Made?

If you're going to go non traditional - GO NON TRADITIONAL!

4_morpheus-nt-no4_3-11-11.jpg
There is such a thing as TOO metal. This is one such thing.

Klein headless takes the cake for me.

headless.jpg

I saw one of these in Japan recently and it does not look any better in real life. I don't care how comfortable it might be to play, it's ugly!

But my true hatred goes towards the Gibson Dusk Tiger:

2d59eb3290ddb9a2af6a77abee91773f.jpg

On the Klein I can totally understand where they're coming from - it's designed to be as comfortable as possible, looks be damned.

But on the Dusk Tiger, they took an iconic Les Paul shape, then slapped on two pickguards that look like what a kid might scribble in the corner of their notebook during a boring class at school. The curves of the pickguard don't follow the contours of the body, and if they are meant to be tiger claws then they don't work any better installed like that.

Then those "no pole pieces" pickups make absolutely no sense. I cannot understand what cocaine fueled bender allowed the Dusk Tiger to go into production.

Really? I absolutely love the Novo stuff, it's just not feasible to buy in my neck of the woods. I don't necessarily like the pickguard choice on this model, but this to me is quite lovely. It's like a big ass body Jazzmaster with a twist.

product.jpeg
At least it has a personality. But not my thing.

Back