IK Multimedia Tone X One?

Here’s an industry professional that got “Black Angus’d.” Skip to 32:10:

I rarely hear people talk like everyday Australians without some corny hype, great stuff.
And yeah, how painful... kind of funny/lucky that downgrading to the old version slotted things back into place.

People love to hate Black Angus, but it takes pedals well and maybe the problem isn't the Tone Model after all? See below (skip to 1:48 if the link doesn't put you right there) where Giacomo Castellano has no problem using it:

Did you listen to the issue at all or?

Maybe this is a microcosm as to the perceived issues IK faces with its consumer base

People love to hate Black Angus, but it takes pedals well and maybe the problem isn't the Tone Model after all? See below (skip to 1:48 if the link doesn't put you right there) where Giacomo Castellano has no problem using it:

The irony here, and what @Mongillo19 touched on, is that if you listen to the issue and then listen on, the guy actually compliments the Black Angus and the way it sounds wasn’t the issue at all.

IMG_2131.gif

HAHAHAHA this is the best, the irony! I would recommend you to go and listen to the 32:10 mark as stated above!

in this context I’d say it’s a bad (IMO) tone that sounds somewhat interesting because of the playing. You could run that DI through basically anything and it would sound interesting I think. Maybe even parts like that benefit from a weirder more distinctive tone?

I don’t like the tone though, and I don’t play or record guitar parts like that. For someone else it might be perfect.

Aside from that post totally missing the mark on what the actual issue above was, I think the problem with Black Angus isn’t so much that it’s a bad tone (tone is subjective and context dependent) but more that:

- it just happens to be the first tone in the list, and whenever someone loses their specific setting, this just happens to be the one they get. Any unexpected tone is probably going to sound wrong
- it’s a Marshall with Angus in the name, so people will think “oh, this’ll sound like AC/DC”. So you play AC/DC style stuff and it doesn’t sound good. It’s kind of like having a Randy Rhodes inspired tone and then called it “AAAAAARON AAAAARDVARK plays John Mayer Clean tone”. In the right context it could sound cool, but the name puts an expectation in peoples minds, and any preset that comes first by default is going to get more attention. Probably safer to have some kind of a generic clean tone as the default than something that requires a style of playing like that to make sense.

The post is the most beautifully textbook response of reacting defensively and confrontationally without caring to understand the actual issue in the discussion. So often an IK response to any issue or bug report being “nope, you’re just using it wrong”.

Minnesota United Soccer GIF by Univision Deportes

I have one but I grew up being told I’m a bad influence.
It sounds as good as the big TONEX pedal, as good as the TONEX App but they all suffer from the same poor software design handicap.

Weird, guitar center won't ship these to hawaii or the hawaii store. We often have problems of GC for shipping used electronics, but not new

Back