Helix 3.8 when?

Someone posted this in an FB group... From the trend of the last few years, you'd think it would have dropped by now... tick tock Line 6... tick tock...

View attachment 22697
I actually mentioned that here. And we've been told nothing should be expected until late summer.

Being so long since the last update, and the fact that it will be smaller than 3.70, leads to the obvious question: what are they up to? 🤔🤔

I actually mentioned that here. And we've been told nothing should be expected until late summer.

Being so long since the last update, and the fact that it will be smaller than 3.70, leads to the obvious question: what are they up to? 🤔🤔
Total speculation, but one thing to consider is the volatility in the software engineering market right now.

As far as I can find Yamaha and L6 don’t have any DSP engineering positions open…so they are either fully staffed or in belt tightening mode like many businesses.

Because I keep daydreaming of doing development at L6, I’ve noticed they had positions they seemed to keep open seemingly indefinitely for a long time. They aren’t on the site any more.

I know my team and almost everyone I know in software is being forced to do more with less.

Again, just speculation.

Total speculation, but one thing to consider is the volatility in the software engineering market right now.

As far as I can find Yamaha and L6 don’t have any DSP engineering positions open…so they are either fully staffed or in belt tightening mode like many businesses.

Because I keep daydreaming of doing development at L6, I’ve noticed they had positions they seemed to keep open seemingly indefinitely for a long time. They aren’t on the site any more.

I know my team and almost everyone I know in software is being forced to do more with less.

Again, just speculation.
There's a lot of software engineers out of a job right now so it's also possible they have gotten a ton of applications and just removed the open jobs because they're flooded with them. DSP programmers are a specific niche where I expect anyone who is good at it is already employed. But that doesn't mean they don't need e.g UI engineers, control software programmers etc where DSP domain knowledge is not needed.

Plus afaik the pay in the music industry is worse than most other sectors.

Anyway, I don't think Line6 is or will ever "pause" product development.

My bet is that they're currently focusing on other future products (I don't mean a Helix 2, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on a new Helix family device), as Helix software doesn't need much more as of today to keep selling.

There's a lot of software engineers out of a job right now so it's also possible they have gotten a ton of applications and just removed the open jobs because they're flooded with them. DSP programmers are a specific niche where I expect anyone who is good at it is already employed. But that doesn't mean they don't need e.g UI engineers, control software programmers etc where DSP domain knowledge is not needed.

Plus afaik the pay in the music industry is worse than most other sectors.
Line 6 looks like the added though , in a recent post about new amps DI said they are probably at Ben,Sam or Ryan’s house .
Before I think they only had Ben and Sam

Back