New Dream Amp Day (Two-Rock CRS)

Sibling picture of "Shikaka" and "Beatrix".
View attachment 22654
* undecided on keeping the.name "Shikaka"
Is there a Bludotone in your future? Just kidding.

These days my low watt amps (4 watt Fuchs and 7 watt Fuchs) get the most useage. I live in a 55+ community and for some reason haven't yet purchased a good reactive loadbox. I gave away my Mark IV the day I moved. Literally.

Glad to see someone can actually USE the amps! Most bar owners would be scared crapless if they saw your towers here. I miss the days of bands with amps, and Hammond B3s and Leslies.

Is there a Bludotone in your future? Just kidding.

These days my low watt amps (4 watt Fuchs and 7 watt Fuchs) get the most useage. I live in a 55+ community and for some reason haven't yet purchased a good reactive loadbox. I gave away my Mark IV the day I moved. Literally.

Glad to see someone can actually USE the amps! Most bar owners would be scared crapless if they saw your towers here. I miss the days of bands with amps, and Hammond B3s and Leslies.
Hell yeah with the B3 & the rotary speaker!!
Gnarliest “overdrive” ever is an overdriven B3 w/Leslie speaker

@jazzarian , I think my new amp buying days are now over. :grin :sofa :rofl

The "towers" won't be sering any bar stages. They are cornerstones of my man cave, which fortunately is my entire home. Kind of like functional fine furniture and home decor.

Block and stucco "hurricane proof" homes in Florida are pretty good for cranking amps without annoying the neighbors, but I do have several attenuators for taming excessive volume. For late night low volume playing I switch to the AxeFx3 and helix which sound great, but it's not the same experience as playing through 100 watts of tubes.

Do you miss the Mark IV? It's my favorite channel mode on the VII.

I have never found the extended pickup combinations available on my HSS Elite Strat even minimally useful.

I really like how they work with the CRS.

@jazzarian , I think my new amp buying days are now over. :grin :sofa :rofl

The "towers" won't be sering any bar stages. They are cornerstones of my man cave, which fortunately is my entire home. Kind of like functional fine furniture and home decor.

Block and stucco "hurricane proof" homes in Florida are pretty good for cranking amps without annoying the neighbors, but I do have several attenuators for taming excessive volume. For late night low volume playing I switch to the AxeFx3 and helix which sound great, but it's not the same experience as playing through 100 watts of tubes.

Do you miss the Mark IV? It's my favorite channel mode on the VII.
My stucco house in CA is pretty good too about keeping the sound inside. I'm in a 55+ community, houses kinda close but they're well insulated energy saving. 100 watt amps probably would upset things around here.

Circa 2015 I bought my 2 Fuchs and Redplate. All now have Celestion Neo Creambacks. I hardly play them though, or my Mark IIC+. Usually these days everything is via headphones and I feel guilty. I have been spoiled by Fractal and Helix like so many.

So, today I bought a Suhr Reactive Load to put those old classic amps to good use! Even my 4 watt Fuchs is quite loud, so this should be great fun. I found a free IR loader for Logic Pro, so I can put all those Ownhammer and York IR files to good use.

I don't miss the Mark IV. Channel 3 was good fun, channel 2 was useless for me, and I wasn't wild about the clean channel. Wes Montgomery would not have liked it at all. I still have a Mesa DC-3 which supposedly has the ch3 of the Mark IV.

Wes would have liked my Redplate though! Oh what a clean channel. My L5 sounds fantastic through it.

It's nice to see Two Rock is still making amps. I don't think Carol Ann, Glaswerks, Sebago Sound or Redplate make new amps now. So many of the fashionable Dumble-esque clones of the early 21st century are gone.

Back