Does the Fractal Deluxe Reverb sound broken to anyone else?

@FractalAudio, the official schematic is hard to read.
With the reverb knob at zero there is -27dB attenuation before the third 7025 gain stage, it also lets some high frequencies pass through.
After the third 7025 gain stage the signal goes through a 0.1u+50k HPF, then into a 220k mixer resistor into the phase inverter.
*This post is for general information, or just in case.

DR.png

Last edited:
@FractalAudio, the official schematic is hard to read.
With the reverb knob at zero there is -27dB attenuation before the third 7025 gain stage, it also lets some high frequencies pass through.
After the third 7025 gain stage the signal goes through a 0.1u+50k HPF, then into a 220k mixer resistor into the phase inverter.
*This post is for general information, or just in case.

View attachment 22138
The mistake is in the phase inverter, not the reverb recovery. I fat fingered a value.

The mistake is in the phase inverter, not the reverb recovery. I fat fingered a value.

And this, kids, is one area where digital is by far superior to traditional amps. One little “oopsie” in a modeler is easily rectified with an update. With a traditional amp, thousands of people would need to haul their shit to an authorized service center…. And wait their turn for it to be fixed.

I dont think a real fender DR value is going to be fat fingered lol

I get what you are saying but I don't think this is a good comparison. A real Fender DR would never have this issue.

No, it has other issues that people learned to dismiss as “that’s just the way they are.” In the digital world, you can have a Deluxe that doesn’t fart out when pushed hard if you want.

No, it has other issues that people learned to dismiss as “that’s just the way they are.” In the digital world, you can have a Deluxe that doesn’t fart out when pushed hard if you want.
You can also, ya know, buy the actually analog amp that does what you want, too.

That is not exactly what I meant. I was making a joke that the DR
breakup is kind of less than smooth and very gritty/granular by nature. :idk

Never doubting Met's ear again. :LOL:

Yeah, a Deluxe breaking up is about as smooth as what happens to your tailpipe after a night of drinking and Taco Bell.

Yeah, a Deluxe breaking up is about as smooth as what happens to your tailpipe after a night of drinking and Taco Bell.

Well, it’d be smooth if it weren’t for the combustion tank pushing it out at 50mph and a frightened anus all too familiar with hangover Fire Sauce.

Back