DiMarzio Pickups - Which ones are YOUR favourites?

d99b3610-9c53-4f87-bb63-5a009ca03f6b_711x711.jpg

Haha! I have to see this with my own eyes!
Sorry, meant to post the link:

Mr. D is a cool dude, too! If I didn't already have one I'd be all over that.
Man, I want like, 6 more!!

Some type of 7, this one would be nice:
A Spice Melange
That silverburst
A Hydrospace

Actually, that'll do. Oh wait, I like one of those new colors too, I think it's the green one. Oh, AND the blue one!

A Spice Melange
That silverburst
A Hydrospace

Actually, that'll do. Oh wait, I like one of those new colors too, I think it's the green one. Oh, AND the blue one!

GIF by Brett Eldredge

A Spice Melange
That silverburst
A Hydrospace

@Jambi gets it!! ;) He even gets the same color!!

One thing about the Dreamcatcher I'm noticing, it loves harmonics. The harmonic content of the notes is great. But I'm having to really pay attention to keeping my lower strings muted when playing riffs high on the neck, with lots of string changes. I can hear striking 1 16th note at 100 bpm, and if it's a harmonic of the D or A string, and I don't have that string covered, it'll catch the harmonic, and 'blur' the note. It happens quick, but damn if it doesn't make a clear tone sound bad, with high gain. Even if it's just one note. I really have to focus on good technique.

Seems something I truly love about this PU also has a tradeoff.

I don't think I've ever played a guitar with DiMarzio pickups. I've not avoided them. I've just not been round them. When I started swopping pickups in early 2000s most people in the local music scene were using Seymour duncans, which is the brand most local music stores here were stocking.

Back