Did a Killer Trade for this PRS Goldtop !!!

Texsunburst59

Groupie
I found this PRS listed on my local FBMP for sale.

I REALLY wanted this guitar, but I wasn’t about to pay his asking price.

I contacted him to see if he would be interested in any trades.

He mentioned some amp and asked what guitars I’d be willing to trade.

I mentioned a few and he was ver interested in a ‘08 Gibson LP I had.

Sent a few picks, and he said he was very interested.

He lived about 39 minutes away, so I decided to take the guitar so we could audition eash others guitar.

After we tried out each others guitar, we decided to do the trade.

He even went the extra mile and said he’d install new strings snd intonate it.

The other plus is this guitar has a pair of PRS 57/08’s installed , and they sound AMAZING.

Anyway here’s my new to me guitar.

‘94 PRS Goldtop Standard 24

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

Man, I’d love to see that thing when its got some aging on it. I’ve been on a ‘well worn Goldtop’ kick lately where I just like seeing them but not quite enough to own a Goldtop yet. Unless it’s a Goldtop LP Custom.

Man, I’d love to see that thing when its got some aging on it. I’ve been on a ‘well worn Goldtop’ kick lately where I just like seeing them but not quite enough to own a Goldtop yet. Unless it’s a Goldtop LP Custom.

The problem with the finishes on 90s and early 2000s prs is they go milky rather than aging very well. The neck on my ce22 is nitro and has aged really nicely vs the urethane finish on the body. Where it's picked up dings they end up looking cloudy/milky. I've thought about having it refinished in nitro so it eventually matches the neck for a few years now.

1000037165.jpg

There is a goldtop PRS (not sure how many different models they have in that finish) at my local-ish GC. It looked stunning in person but it was on that upper rack and I was scared to get it down and play it :nails:guiness

Back