Abelton authorization nightmare....any a

I had Live 11 lite installed to try it out. A couple weeks later I receive a new Push 3 bundled Live 12 Standard.
I try to upgrade but it says my 'current version isnt a viable path' searching the Abelton forums I see someone solved it by installing the trial version of 12 and then upgraded.
So I tried and as soon as 12 installed it said I've used up my 30 days so features are disabled. Apparently, since my Lite installation was only 20 days ago the earth spins almost twice as fast for the Berlin Abelton group?!?

Trying to upgrade from there gives a slightly varied description of how my version is inadequate.
I see someone else had to uninstall the Lite version before installing the trial version etc.

After uninstalling the two previous versions (any vestige of Live is now removed) It wont even let me send a ticket to Support! Only authorized users get to do that!!
I'm probably going to box this thing back up if I don't get it solved today. So anyone with helpful advice would be most appreciated right now...

Last edited:
Hats off to Mike at Sweetwater. He got me a different license to make Lite a viable path. I'm now officially lost in Push 3 land. Only cost me a Fractal FM9 that was mostly getting dusty other than keeping it updated.

Back