A Few Pics From Today’s Total Eclipse

norminal

Rock Star
My stepfather and I made a little trek to an area in the path of totality. It was truly a mind-blowing experience. The temperature dropped about 10 degrees and the streetlights came on. I only had my phone, so these were the best I could do. Definitely worth seeing if you ever get the opportunity!

008689E5-8006-4072-BF53-5C12A258C3FB.jpeg

6ADC8A11-5CB5-44EF-A065-19442A4B16E4.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

2811E5CD-25B1-463C-B9E6-126F1EE281EB.jpeg

I was coming off a roof and saw everyone out of the office buildings, standing around the parking lots. My heart jumped in my throat because my immediate thought was "ALL THE FIRE ALARMS ARE GOING OFF AT ONCE?!?!?!" :rofl

I didn't get the chance to see it today, damnit, I had to hurry off to do boring shit.

I was coming off a roof and saw everyone out of the office buildings, standing around the parking lots. My heart jumped in my throat because my immediate thought was "ALL THE FIRE ALARMS ARE GOING OFF AT ONCE?!?!?!" :rofl

I didn't get the chance to see it today, damnit, I had to hurry off to do boring shit.
I saved a time-lapse photo for you.

eAbM7lJ.jpg

It didn’t occur to us until this morning that we could have driven 4 or 5 hours to see it in totality, and by then it was too late/ impractical. I probably won’t see one in my lifetime. BUT we had a little over 90% eclipse at home, and the clouds parted just in time for us to see it at its peak.

It didn’t occur to us until this morning that we could have driven 4 or 5 hours to see it in totality, and by then it was too late/ impractical. I probably won’t see one in my lifetime. BUT we had a little over 90% eclipse at home, and the clouds parted just in time for us to see it at its peak.
It was about 1-1/2 hour drive, but we they had a bunch of food trucks, music and a few presentations from a PHD from the University and some trivia. Overall it was a good time. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I doubt I’d be able to travel anywhere else to see one.

It was about 1-1/2 hour drive, but we they had a bunch of food trucks, music and a few presentations from a PHD from the University and some trivia. Overall it was a good time. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I doubt I’d be able to travel anywhere else to see one.
My kid had last minute FOMO on account of some classmates who drove out to catch it, but she didn’t mention it until this morning. Now there are a lot of crazy ideas bouncing around the house, about flying to Iceland and/ or watching eclipses in years in which I’d had pretty firm plans of being dead. :D

It’s kind of hard to wrap my head around planning an entire vacation around an event that will only slightly differ from what I experienced today, and only for approximately 5 minutes, and which I can only observe indirectly (through protective glasses)… but everyone who’s seen a total eclipse raves about it. :idk

I was in the shop milling up a poplar beam, looked outside the roll up door and noticed the light getting weirder. That must have been the eclipse?:roflOops, I missed it. I was busy!:hmm

only for approximately 5 minutes, and which I can only observe indirectly (through protective glasses)…
We had about an hour before and after of partial, which is when you absolutely need eye protection, and about two minutes of totality, where you can view with your naked eyes. I was more enamored with everything surrounding us. The birds stopped chirping, it got cold, and the streetlights came on. Added to the crowd erupting and going absolutely nuts, it was pretty epic.

We had about an hour before and after of partial, which is when you absolutely need eye protection, and about two minutes of totality, where you can view with your naked eyes. I was more enamored with everything surrounding us. The birds stopped chirping, it got cold, and the streetlights came on. Added to the crowd erupting and going absolutely nuts, it was pretty epic.
I didn’t realize you could look at it directly during totality. Yeah that moves the needle considerably. Hope I’ll have a chance to see it one day. Who knows?

Back