NDSP Quad Cortex

there's no good place to put the brick and excess cable.

Under $10 (y)

61ICq2eaqKS._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Id love to ask in the mythical AMA if there was one thing they could change about the QC launch, what would it be 🤣

I'd like to see an NDSP AMA, but for all the reasons touched on above, not with Doug. I'd rather see a hands-on project manager or tech lead jump in. Someone with a realistic take on what is or isn't to be expected in the near future. Someone who understands costs and tradeoffs and execution. I.e. Not a pandering yes man who's just going to take whatever rope he's given and hang himself with it.

(I honestly did mean that to sound as mean as it does. :rofl )

Perhaps something like this…

iu

Putting aside my bias; there is still ZERO% trust I would have for any questions "answered" in any sort of AMA with these folks.
This is why (despite my agreeing with @laxu re: improbability), it would only be of value if it were a technical person. So when they make a statement, prediction, whatever, you can ask "how/ why/ when? and hopefully get something meaningful back with which to corroborate.

A PM would be a second choice. They're sometimes useful when timelines have already been established.

Last edited:
Oof, I hate those on laptops. One of the cables is always annoyingly long and then there's no good place to put the brick and excess cable.
Mine has a removable IEC cable on one side - which I can always substitute with whatever length I need - but the fixed DC cable on the other side is annoyingly short. There's never quite enough length to put the brick on the floor (as anyone with any respect for potential energy would do...)

They spend an entire product generation shaving a couple of mm off each dimension, then say, "Here's your side order of massive brick." :facepalm

Seeing this, you know what I want for next gen modelers?

Faster startup times or a proper low power sleep mode so you can launch it really fast. I thought the sleep mode on the QC would be that but it just turns off the screen and LEDs without actually making the rest use less power.

Seeing this, you know what I want for next gen modelers?

Faster startup times or a proper low power sleep mode so you can launch it really fast. I thought the sleep mode on the QC would be that but it just turns off the screen and LEDs without actually making the rest use less power.

I want them to be like, "Dougie!" - NDSP's next gen virtual assistant - "Dougie! Dial me in a tone like skulls being crushed over gravel."

Can’t see the instagram post above and might be completely unrelated but seeing Mongillo19’s quote above of "A lot of your favorite bands“ brings to mind something.

You see a few professional artists/bands using the QC. But it makes me wonder if that’s just a sign that they’re all sponsored and if they weren’t, maybe wouldn’t be using it. Seems like in the “lower ranks” of musicians, many more are using Helix or Fractal…

Just an observation… I could be way off in my theory but something to wonder about…

Can’t see the instagram post above and might be completely unrelated but seeing Mongillo19’s quote above of "A lot of your favorite bands“ brings to mind something.

You see a few professional artists/bands using the QC. But it makes me wonder if that’s just a sign that they’re all sponsored and if they weren’t, maybe wouldn’t be using it. Seems like in the “lower ranks” of musicians, many more are using Helix or Fractal…

Just an observation… I could be way off in my theory but something to wonder about…
Eh I wouldn't put much stock in it. You could say the same for any brand "are they sponsored"?. I was just joking because the bands listed were Periphery *sometimes* Animals as Leaders, and then some band I've personally never heard of.

The QC caters to go to a certain crowd I feel. All their insta posts are the same genre for the most part. Which is fine! But I'd love for them to branch out more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCW
Eh I wouldn't put much stock in it. You could say the same for any brand "are they sponsored"?. I was just joking because the bands listed were Periphery *sometimes* Animals as Leaders, and then some band I've personally never heard of.

The QC caters to go to a certain crowd I feel. All their insta posts are the same genre for the most part. Which is fine! But I'd love for them to branch out more.

:pickle
1715894366717.jpeg

I think a trap a lot of people fall into nowadays is assuming that because a particular artist uses something on tour, that it's a defining characteristic of the artist's sound and validates its use somehow. But I'm sure in many cases, they're just using whatever makes the most logistical/reliability sense to get the job done and sound good enough live and it doesn't necessarily reflect what they'd use back home or in the studio.

Back