Paint Audio MIDI Captain foot controller

isn't it the first column on the Geek Mode grid? I'm not at mine right now.
As I see - nope...
1st column is for midi channel for actions like PC, Note, CC
But not for pedals...

The upper row above actions is like:
Bat/color/bt channel/ pedal1 / pedal 2

And no sign for a midi channel select for pedals ...
Am I a pessimist? Do I miss smth?

so not even product is abandoned - forum is abandoned too)))

so, why midimate is not your mate, but will make you midihate?
just because of that string in setup.txt

MIDI_CHANNEL = [6] # 1-16 Match the MIDI CHANNEL between the controller and the host device.................

So nomater what channel have you binded for your button in geek mode - they will all go to specified in midi mate.

So we have 6 options for mapping on press, 6 on release, so we could map different messages and channels, but wait, they all will go to single channel with midimate.

DON'T BUY MIDIMATE

As I see - there are updates to firmware and Mr. Wilson became responsive (not via email, but via YouTube comments). That's a good news!!
Super mode firmware is out now.

I have watched all 10 new tutorials for super mode firmware update, and it looks pretty cool! Lots of customisation!! Will chack them all asap.

I got mine working with Boss RC500. If anyone is interested, I can post details.

In my case, the top 3 buttons switch SNARE, H/H & Variations off/on
Bottom 5 control Tr1 & 2 REC & PLAY, ON/OFF, & RHY Stop/Start.

I have also figured how the 2 spare buttons left over from the 8 Assignments can be used to toggle Memories UP/Down.
The 2 Control switches can also be brought into play giving control of a total 12 parameters.

2024-05-28_101101.jpg

Last edited:
I have tested new 4.0FW for 10 switches model, it is much better than previous firmwares. You can take a look at my preview, bugs and issues here:

I am trying to talk directly to Mr. Wilson. Hope he can hear me)))
Shortly: new 4.0FW gives much better customisation for LED's, pedals and encoder on different pages. New button modes have been added. Buy led behavior is still uncomfortable. Hope it will be fixed soon.

I have tested new 4.0FW for 10 switches model, it is much better than previous firmwares. You can take a look at my preview, bugs and issues here:

Shortly: new 4.0FW gives much better customisation for LED's, pedals and encoder on different pages. New button modes have been added. Buy led behavior is still uncomfortable. Hope it will be fixed soon.

I get the same effect on the toggle switches, but not momentary ones. Need to press once to make them operate.....but since my setup is real simple I only have to do it once after switch on. I am not changing pages.

Wait? There was an update??

Cool video BTW :beer I've just gotten through about 1/5th of it and I'll probably watch the rest today as I haven't been in the mood lately to be updating and futzing with a MIDI controller. I'm sure I'll get around to it.

Is that what Geek Mode looks like now? And the wheel sends messages now? I need to check these release notes. It might get me in the MIDI mood

I get the same effect on the toggle switches, but not momentary ones. Need to press once to make them operate.....but since my setup is real simple I only have to do it once after switch on. I am not changing pages.
Yes.. I turned all buttons to momentary later cuz I use several pages. I wrote to Mr Wilson to add code like
Short_dw1 = [page][goto][X][]
To be able to jump to page and make page turning more convenient cuz right now the only way to turn page is to use 4 and 9 buttons with long press... And it is long....(((

Cool video BTW :beer I've just gotten through about 1/5th of it and I'll probably watch the rest today as I haven't been in the mood lately to be updating and futzing with a MIDI controller. I'm sure I'll get around to it.

Is that what Geek Mode looks like now? And the wheel sends messages now? I need to check these release notes. It might get me in the MIDI mood
Yes! New update is very cool! Geek mode goes to supermode, watch his videos, there are many improvements:
Encoder acts like sending midi messages!
But encoder press sends none...
And no memory there for the position of encoder when page was turned... Same for buttons..
So a few issues to be fixed there, and it will be the best market controller))
Also I see that midiCaptain cant send midi in a fast way... So pedal playing makes glitches like it was said here months ago....

Thank yor your words) I see that I am pretty awkward with controller issues storytelling and video is a bit laggy .. but I hope it is understandable)))

Back