NAM: Neural Amp Modeler

with an audio interface, MacBook Air and baby Genelecs and I've been very pleasantly suprised by NAM.

What audio interface are you using? NAM sounds amazing but the latency always bothers me. Thanks for posting about that fuzz I’ll have to try it!

So whilst my Axe-Fx is on a ship somewhere halfway across the Atlantic, I'm having to "make do" with an audio interface, MacBook Air and baby Genelecs and I've been very pleasantly suprised by NAM.

My current signal path jam is:

Ideofunk's EJ Fuzz Face capture (NAM) ->
Amalgam Audio '64 Blonde Bassman, Normal Crunch Bright (NAM) ->
York Audio Matchless 212 M25 / H30 blend mix #08 IR ->
Valhalla Delay ->
Light touch of Logic Pro comp ->
Subtle dash of Logic Pro Space Designer "Large and Brite" room IR.

I'm just using the basic NAM Player plugin, but that Blonde Bassman is really something! 😍

I hope Cliff will add a 6G6-B to the Fractal models some day 🙏
i think you dont need the fractal anymore if you are just a bedroom player,months i dont use the fractal axe 3,im using Tonex,NAM,Nembrini and plugin alliance

the latency always bothers me

Over It Eye Roll GIF by Friends

So whilst my Axe-Fx is on a ship somewhere halfway across the Atlantic, I'm having to "make do" with an audio interface, MacBook Air and baby Genelecs and I've been very pleasantly suprised by NAM.

Valhalla Delay ->

I'm just using the basic NAM Player plugin, but that Blonde Bassman is really something! 😍

EDIT:
i tried your signal path with my Fender Strat HSS,i didnt use the York Audio IR,i think the Amalgam Audio IRs are pretty good,im not a fan of fuzz pedals so i use my favorite Overdrive from Plugin Alliance,the Fender Blonde capture sound pretty good

i tried your signal path with my Fender Strat HSS,i didnt use the York Audio IR,i think the Amalgam Audio IRs are pretty good,im not a fan of fuzz pedals so i use my favorite Overdrive from Plugin Alliance,the Fender Blonde capture sound pretty good

Fair! Fuzz can be a bit much at times.

I tried the free Benson Preamp from ToneHunt with it as well for a slightly less crazy push in the front and that sounded great too.

Hi guys,
Can you please help out a noob ?

any chance you could record a preset in Genome (any preset) and share the preset and sound here ?I want to compare it with what I hear....

Thank you.

Call me crazy but anything I have heard from Dimehead just does not have a tone I would really enjoy playing
It’s really harsh in the top end and just sounds very lo fi for lack of better word
Maybe i prefer the more refined tones or Kemper , Fractal etc

Call me crazy but anything I have heard from Dimehead just does not have a tone I would really enjoy playing
It’s really harsh in the top end and just sounds very lo fi for lack of better word
Maybe i prefer the more refined tones or Kemper , Fractal etc
The unit should not impart anything to the NAM profiles you run on it. But NAM profiles are all over the place in terms of quality/usability.

The unit should not impart anything to the NAM profiles you run on it. But NAM profiles are all over the place in terms of quality/usability.
It’s the presets in the unit in the Dimehead specifically
The plexi , SLO , deluxe in a recent video just did not sound great to me

Valhalla Delay ->

EDIT:

Ideofunk's Benson Germanium Fuzz is easier to control because there are multiple capture settings wheras the EJ capture only really has one level and a lot of gain, although it also has a lot of Mojo. I'm using both now for different reasons at different times :-)
Would you mind specifying your hardware config, mainly the audio interface and "FRFR" speaker, please ?

Would you mind specifying your hardware config, mainly the audio interface and ""FRFR"" speaker, please ?

It's just an SSL2 audio interface with balanced outs into a stereo pair of Genelec 8020D studio monitors.

SSL2 is set to Hi-Z input and the lowest gain setting. NAM player is hosted in Logic Pro.

In the meantime, the current location of my Axe-FX is the NYK ROMULUS: :rofl

1716837692978.png

Last edited:
It's just an SSL2 audio interface with balanced outs into a stereo pair of Genelec 8020D studio monitors.

SSL2 is set to Hi-Z input and the lowest gain setting. NAM player is hosted in Logic Pro.

In the meantime, the current location of my Axe-FX is the NYK ROMULUS: :rofl

View attachment 23400
You've heard about the QC surviving the Autobahn but can the Axe Fx survive THE ROMULUS??

It’s the presets in the unit in the Dimehead specifically
The plexi , SLO , deluxe in a recent video just did not sound great to me

I've yet to use any unit I liked the factory presets on - but the point I guess is that whatever NAM you do like should be reproduced accurately on the pedal when you put it there. I think of factory presets on stuff as just placeholders for the most part (I guess usually it's the IR's that are so subjective)

Back