Helix 3.8 when?

There's a lot of software engineers out of a job right now so it's also possible they have gotten a ton of applications and just removed the open jobs because they're flooded with them. DSP programmers are a specific niche where I expect anyone who is good at it is already employed. But that doesn't mean they don't need e.g UI engineers, control software programmers etc where DSP domain knowledge is not needed.

Plus afaik the pay in the music industry is worse than most other sectors.
"There's a lot of software engineers out of a job right now"

Yet there is a continuous flow of H1B visas coming from India every day of the week.

They have a few
The Gramattico has one
The litigator is one
If they are low on anything vintage amps are not it IMO
Yes, I know. Not based on real Dumbles though, at least that's the Litigator.

Fractal not only has models of real Dumbles, (I think they had one with a serial number between 101 and 103), but models of well made Dumble clones, and distant "clones" like Carol Ann.

It's nice to have both Helix and Fractal, and be very thankful.

You can add the Aristocrat to that list too! ;)

Whilst I wouldn't say no to a Two Rock or a Fuchs, I do think we are reasonably well served for Dumblesque amps now.
Being the owner of Helix and FM3 MkII, I disagree. I really love all the derivative flavors of Dumble that Fractal offers, as well as the real thing. Nice of someone to loan Fractal Dumble #102, who ever that was.

They have a few
The Gramattico has one
The litigator is one
If they are low on anything vintage amps are not it IMO
The Grammatico GSG model is definitely one of my favorites! Hellishly versatile once you get to know it better.

Also, don't sleep on the Aristocrat, another Dumble-inspired amp, this time hailing from Catalyst country.

Being the owner of Helix and FM3 MkII, I disagree. I really love all the derivative flavors of Dumble that Fractal offers, as well as the real thing. Nice of someone to loan Fractal Dumble #102, who ever that was.

Given that Fractal has about 3 times the number of amps that the Helix adds, you could make the same point about *any* family of amps!

I believe the 102 model was based off of the schematics of Robben Ford's amp.

Playing with the Line6 new cab block in Native and I have to say it pretty cool
Like the Dual cabs and ability to pan and offset them slightly with delay , similar to the Fractal align I am guessing
Some of the Cabs and mics sound really good and again a shout-out to some of the latest amp models 2203
Vitriol, Dripman , Voltage
The New Dynamic verbs also sounded killer

Is it like a collector mindset when people feel like they need a full array of amps that all kinda sound the same? I can’t imagine you’re going to get wildly different tones out of them. Like what other flavor of mid-gain is there that isn’t represented? What kind of high gain is actually going to sound different? Quality of life and controller options seems much more useful than more amps, no?

Is it like a collector mindset when people feel like they need a full array of amps that all kinda sound the same? I can’t imagine you’re going to get wildly different tones out of them. Like what other flavor of mid-gain is there that isn’t represented? What kind of high gain is actually going to sound different? Quality of life and controller options seems much more useful than more amps, no?
At this point I'm perfectly fine with current amp collection. I use only three of them xD

Quality of life is always welcome, and more effects too 😬

Of course. I think the vast majority of folks don’t care about most of the amps in the modelers. But they care about the few that they really want, and the companies are trying to reach everyone.

And then there are those of us who want more just because it’s fun. Every few months I go through the amp models like I’m in a guitar store, just messing around looking for inspiration. I’ll make a patch out of these explorations, but then I never use them because I’ve got my go-to tones already.

And then there’s the eight people who just want every stinkin’ amp and they want that model to be perfect, and somehow they always have access to a real one to compare it to, and they’re loud as f— on the interwebs.

Of course. I think the vast majority of folks don’t care about most of the amps in the modelers. But they care about the few that they really want, and the companies are trying to reach everyone.

And then there are those of us who want more just because it’s fun. Every few months I go through the amp models like I’m in a guitar store, just messing around looking for inspiration. I’ll make a patch out of these explorations, but then I never use them because I’ve got my go-to tones already.

And then there’s the eight people who just want every stinkin’ amp and they want that model to be perfect, and somehow they always have access to a real one to compare it to, and they’re loud as f— on the interwebs.
Seems it would make more sense if you’re an amp completionist to just get a profiler. I’ve mentioned this here before, but I have hard time not thinking of these things as tools, so they desire to have a bunch of extra stuff on a digital shelf just because seems weird to me. I find the louder people complain about accuracy the less likely they are to be actually making music.

I find the louder people complain about accuracy the less likely they are to be actually making music.
I feel more or less the same. If you're not swimming in gold because of your music, it's not because you don't have that vintage amp exact sound.

In that sense, I always ask for more effects, not because I need them to become famous, but because it's always refreshing having a new toy from time to time. And unlike amps and cabs, I tend to use a lot of the available effects in Helix.

It's okay that there are people who don't need more amps... but some people see modelers as tool boxes, and the more tools the box has, that's the one I'll buy!

Back