The "Going To An Audition" Thread

I was skeered to ask anything this week, either ahead of time or after, feeling like I was jinx'n shit or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :unsure:

This seems like a better result than last week, at least.

What happened to the guitarist you knew decades ago and just reconnected with, no interest or didn't ever play with y'all?

Speaking of the jinx'n. Maybe I should STFU here about this until after we get these gigs under our belt. :unsure:

:beer

Welp, other guitarist worked out his work conflict and is back to being in on the gigs
this Summer.

Merry Go Round Oops GIF by Far Cry 6

Last chance for the new drummer tonight to up his game. We've all agreed that if
he doesn't play with a bit more urgency and commitment (do you know the songs
yet!), then I'll move back behind the drums and we'll carry on with one guitar.

Welp, other guitarist worked out his work conflict and is back to being in on the gigs
this Summer.

Merry Go Round Oops GIF by Far Cry 6

Last chance for the new drummer tonight to up his game. We've all agreed that if
he doesn't play with a bit more urgency and commitment (do you know the songs
yet!), then I'll move back behind the drums and we'll carry on with one guitar.
I'm exhausted just reading about it. Knowing the songs is..., ehhh, kinda important. :hmm

Had our best rehearsal in months. New drummer really upped his game. Singer
and other guitarist cussed and fumed at one another the week prior on the phone,
cleared the air, and all seems to be well. Everyone was in good spirits. We stayed
and played for nearly 2 hours past our usual end time. Gonna hammer up a few
more rehearsals here and Get 'Er Done!

I am not sold on the setlist completely. Singer is kind of taking the reins on that.
But who is ever in love with a setlist 100%. :idk

Sounds getting tighter. Downsouth Dave is really throwing down with his new
5 String. Fun guy to play with. Great ear, sense of touch and timing, and a total
pro.

This may happen after all and end up being a lot of fun. Because music. :chef

Good to see it is moving in a good direction. You have had more than your fair share of issues getting it moving. Unfortunately, unless someone else is willing and able to step up to sing the songs, the singer is going to pretty much dictate what gets on the list. They tend to pick things that are in their vocal range, although I have had some that seemed to not even take that into account. They picked songs because the liked them and when the rest of the band learned them and we tried to rehearse the songs, they couldn't hit the notes and said there is no way they could sing that song. I have had that happen more than once and it gets really frustrating when that happens.

Haha! Thanks, Dave..... and don't you dare. :hmm

:rofl

If you met Chihuahua Chuck and then Catatonic Kevin you'd be like
how can both of these guys be Drummers? :unsure:

They could not be more diametrically opposite one another in terms
of personality. It's kind of nuts.

We all prefer Kevin. He's quiet. Chill. Doesn't shout and yell when he
should be talking with a normal voice like a reasonable person, and
has stepped up his game a bit each rehearsal----whereas Chuck just
became more problematic as time went on.

We are his first band since overcoming a Stroke. So he's super stoked
to be back playing. Seems gratitude does wonders for our attitude. :beer

Back