Post a photo from your last gig

1715605533047.png

It was a blast. First time at the venue. We opened up for an Abba tribute band. Did soundcheck and no one was there; came out and 500+ at least were there :rofl I'll take it!

What started both guitars by each other is mainly because he hung by me so we could compare notes/share parts/learn stuff as needed. Over time; it just stuck. It seems odd maybe but it has always worked good for us as it kind of gives us our visual comradery and little "zone" of the stage space. Rhythm section have been friends forever so they kinda do their click and the singer ties it together. I think at least .
Oh man, I’ve seen that happen too! People just magically appear out of nowhere it seems and you have a great crowd.

Bet you didn't have to use reverb all night? :giggle:
I dont fuss with the patch on the Fractal FM3, whatever’s on there is what FOH gets. There is some verb going on for sure, not a lot but it’s there. Freggin sounded glorious thru the PA they had, and it wasn’t any kind of stellar system. Old Mackie 12 channel board, a QSC power amp or 2 and some Yamaha passive monitors for mains. He rode the fader for the leads and it really filled the room lovely. Being able to control our own monitoring is really key. This was my first time trying it and it went perfectly.

The vibe in this place made it a pleasure to play. It’s good getting out of bars sometimes. This was a lot of fun.

Oh man, I’ve seen that happen too! People just magically appear out of nowhere it seems and you have a great crowd.
This was the show in the same spot after that one
1715613200311.png

Now, tbf; we were opening for a band. So this wasn't "our crowd". But it was a great site to walk out to, either way! That barn you are playing at looks great! I dig venues with character like that!

This was the show in the same spot after that one
View attachment 22868
Now, tbf; we were opening for a band. So this wasn't "our crowd". But it was a great site to walk out to, either way! That barn you are playing at looks great! I dig venues with character like that!
I’ve played a place here in NJ called Starland that looks like it holds about this size. Played there on nights there were tribute bands, never a National act so I suppose some were our crowd, some were the other bands crowds.

When they’re not your people, you really know your band is good if you can win them over. Your people are always going to cheer you on. THESE people owe you nothing, so the accolades are 100% genuine.

I’ve played a place here in NJ called Starland that looks like it holds about this size. Played there on nights there were tribute bands, never a National act so I suppose some were our crowd, some were the other bands crowds.

When they’re not your people, you really know your band is good if you can win them over. Your people are always going to cheer you on. THESE people owe you nothing, so the accolades are 100% genuine.
Yeah we won over some people both nights. At least from the gig offers we've gotten and social media feedback ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The second gig we set up in a much more concentrated manner than the first one. We are still very much old school in our methodologies as far as "set up, (semi)crank the amps and wait for the 4 count from our drummer and start the song" POV vs. a polished tribute band that has a show session set up and running in a DAW or whatever that they run 4-5 nights a week. Great things to take away from either way of going about it.

Yeah we won over some people both nights. At least from the gig offers we've gotten and social media feedback ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The second gig we set up in a much more concentrated manner than the first one. We are still very much old school in our methodologies as far as "set up, (semi)crank the amps and wait for the 4 count from our drummer and start the song" POV vs. a polished tribute band that has a show session set up and running in a DAW or whatever that they run 4-5 nights a week. Great things to take away from either way of going about it.
Yea man, definitely been on both ends of that coin, myself. As you know my band runs tracks, but really the value IMO is being able to do as much as you can with whoever you can however and whenever you can. Track band? I can play. Old school crank it and go? I can play. Need a Uke for a polka? That I probably am not ready for just yet. I’ve said many times, really depends what your goals are. If someone has reached their goals, there is no need to expand out to anything else. If your goal is to become more valuable of a player, you’re cursed. That is my goal and it is an impossible one to reach because you’re always expanding your knowledge base and you’ll never be able to do absolutely everything so it is failure right out of the starting gate.

Edit: maybe a good time to run a few sponsored ads on social media. Ride that wave.

Back