NPD again (SUF)

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
D5AB03DC-5A2D-4776-BEBE-E44C96ADEC83.jpeg

5FAC79EE-B4DD-4608-8F41-0DD11C81D9B6.jpeg

Been wanting to check out some SUF stuff and specifically this pedal for a while. Only got a short jam with it will have to delve deeper after work but so far sounds great :love: the HX one dirt models sound fine, but Ive been wanting an analog dirt back on the board. I have an sd-1 that I took off around the same time as I got the HX one, but I don’t always like that pedal with every amp/situation

This is a late 70s Garcia oriented pedal. Very musical and pleasant sounding so far. Spent my whole lunch on a franklins tower jam. But I see a lot of use/great tone here aside from copping Jerry

It’s snowing here so I made a little noodle loop ipotato video.

Amp is roadster, mostly channel 2 clean mode until I switch to channel 1 tweed at the end. Keely comp on whole time, a lil bit of mu tron. Start on vela neck pickup and move around

[media]

That awesome!

What's the circuit "supposed to" be, any clues?

From what I learned, he used OD-1, OD-2, and D+, probably others as well?

I believe it’s based on the mxr distortion + and has NOS germanium diodes and all that fun pixie dust.

He even used an HM-2 in the late 80s :eek:

Yeah, I don’t miss those long CO winter one single bit. Especially up on the hill. :wat

It’s nice spring weather now, and was 80 degrees a couple days ago

Yeah as soon as I posted that 2 were ordered within a week :ROFLMAO:

Wait, I thought you were "done" buying pedals. ;)

Big fan of the Dire Wolf, works for Bobby's 80s distorted tones as well. Super versatile! :LOL:

Great playing as always, brother.

I LOVE the looks of this thing. Looper jam sounds great too!

Thanks dude. And yeah it looks sweet, and definitely not hiding what it’s supposed to sound like lol

Wait, I thought you were "done" buying pedals. ;)

Big fan of the Dire Wolf, works for Bobby's 80s distorted tones as well. Super versatile! :LOL:

Great playing as always, brother.

Somehow keep “finding” space on my board :LOL:

And thanks man! Was just messing around with it into my deluxe reverb for the full vintage vibe. Need a JBL in there tho :cry:

Back