Helix Talk

Angry Dog GIF by DevX Art

It’s really been an amazing time with so many different options available from profilers and modelers. I still have that HX Stomp and still enjoy the tones and flexibility of routing in this small unit. I really would like the Floor Helix, but I’m waiting for its replacement. Let’s face it, I’ve heard blind tests from Helix users and other company offerings, and they were tough to hear differences compared to their true analog versions. One sure difference is feel. I like some of the offerings from companies, such as the DSM Simplifier X ( which I just bought) with its all analog design. The feel of course is spot on, but these designs are limited with models and feature. I guess what I’m getting to is- please Line 6, work on building a powerful Helix floor replacement with the fastest processing power available to minimize latency! Please keep it 1ms, or less. I believe the BOSS GT-1000 offers this, but IMO, doesn’t top the Helix in tone, although, it’s okay. Thoughts?…

@Digital Igloo in my opinion there's a global setting missing in the the foot switch section of the Helix Floor.

Currently there's an Auto Return feature for the snapshots mode
When set to “Auto Return,” Helix returns to the previous footswitch mode after selecting a snapshot

I think an Auto Return for the Preset Page, in order to be able to return to the 10 Stomp page after selecting a new preset, would be really practical on stage.

I've actually submitted this idea back in 2020 with little success, LOL

cheers!

Last edited:
Ah, I see. I thought it allowed for 10 different snapshots, but I see it's not like that.

Also, it's not available for LT, right?

Back