FU Tone Pickup Mounting System

PLX

Shredder
TGF Champion
Anybody using this ?

Basically allows you to not use a pickup mounting ring and set the pickup right into the route and bolt it down with a brass mounting block.

IkUIHp3.jpg

Considered it for one of my guitars that has direct mounts, but still looks like a PITA because you can't adjust the pickup height without removing it. I'll take foam/springs, but I'd rather have rings over both

The main upside is not having to deal with stripped wood and being able to use standard pickup screws

Considered it for one of my guitars that has direct mounts, but still looks like a PITA because you can't adjust the pickup height without removing it.
I just watched the installation video and you're correct.. There's a hex-head set-screw that goes into the center of the brass block, and it rests against the bottom plate of the pickup.

:unsure:

Almost all of the things on the site or either available cheaper or completely pointless snake oil shit.
I disagree with that statement, but hey; to each their own.

Turbo Arm is a god send on the fly.
Titanium saddle inserts do improve tone.
Brass blocks for days.

Those are the items I can speak to and do enjoy from FU.

I disagree with that statement, but hey; to each their own.

Turbo Arm is a god send on the fly.
Titanium saddle inserts do improve tone.
Brass blocks for days.

Those are the items I can speak to and do enjoy from FU.
Turbo arms are Schaller. Titanium change the tone slightly. The standard block is brass. FU is BS.

Anybody using this ?

Basically allows you to not use a pickup mounting ring and set the pickup right into the route and bolt it down with a brass mounting block.

IkUIHp3.jpg
I’ve never bought into the direct-mount vs pickup ring thing. If it’s “better” then my ears can’t tell the difference. IMO, just another solution looking for a problem.

I’ve never bought into the direct-mount vs pickup ring thing. If it’s “better” then my ears can’t tell the difference. IMO, just another solution looking for a problem.
The more I thought about it, I tend to rest my pick-hand fingers on the bridge pickup ring - using it as an anchor..

If I used this mounting system and discarded the pickup mounting ring, I'd prolly anchor on the pickup bobbins and do a heckin' on my bridge PU

:columbo

Anybody using this ?

IkUIHp3.jpg

Is it just me, or is this the guitar mod definition of a "solution looking for a problem" !

Ben

Is it just me, or is this the guitar mod definition of a "solution looking for a problem" !

Ben
And most of the FU snake oil shit. FU was set up on the premiss that Ed's 5150 had a non stock big brass block in it . It doesn't and never did. It has a totally stock (for the FRT5) steel block. The FRT5 Hanson built Floyd is a very crude stop gap run of 800 USA built Floyds while Kramer waited for the first Schaller made ones.

Not for nothin, but FU did design the D-Tuna for Ed... before they were FU.
Regardless of the size of his ... block.

Back