Any synth pedals for filthy dubstep/riddim/bass music sounds ?

Modern EDM genres of this type lean pretty heavily on bright-sounding wavetables that get scrolled through via automation or tempo sync to get their characteristic "wub". This is _not_ something that you can achieve easily with a regular oscillator and a filter hooked up to an LFO, ie classic subtractive synthesis that you typically find in guitar pedals. It might be easiest to trigger a VST via a hex pickup or moniphonic tracking via your neck pickup with the volume rolled down. Maybe the Mod Audio Dwarf has a plugin that could accomplish this...

I tolerate a lot of UI bullshit, but the SY300 was nearly unbearable to use. Want to change this parameter from 0-100? Just do 20 full turns of this asshole knob here.
TBF; no one goes to anything Boss digital for the interface joy (sits silent, waiting for Sascha)

I think you can get some cool stuff out of the SY for this purpose but you are definitely doing it yourself or just cribbing something from the stock presets. You can use your 1/4 cable and it could work depending on what you want but it would be better with a GK pickup.

The Digitech Synthwah has some cool woobly sounds but it would require you having up by your hands to tweak on it to get different sounds on the fly with it. If there ever was a reason to expand your world view re:multi-fx and modelers; this would be that.

Mothership 2 has a killer sub bass sound

It is analog and monophonic though

Even still in my last band when we were between bass players I'd feed the Mothership bass out in to my bass amp and the glitchy wildness when I'd play chords was kind of a vibe

Is he sponsored by a fish stick manufacturer? :unsure:
gross discovery channel GIF

damn that thing looks wild. Do you have one?
C'mon. You know I would never just recommend some shit I have not personally added to the collection!

FyZ6p7bl.jpg

I hunted for an Akai Deep Impact for like a decade, you know, just nerding out. Cost prohibitive search was futile, but I found out the same guys moved on to Panda, so the Future Impact is like the evolution of that pedal, and only about half the price. I honestly rarely mess with it, and just scroll presets most of the time. It's a blast!

I'm going to the Sphere for the 6th and 7th, then we are driving to Denver for like a week or two. If you wanna meet up, I can bring you this pedal to check out. Let me know!

Last edited:
Back